Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Screen Names...

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess most people have figured mine out, the names of my two favourite Golden Era artists, Benny Goodman + Billie Holiday.

It's very interesting to see how everyone has come up with their names!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh my. Long ago in a different time, in a different world I was a recon Marine. Every guy in the squad was assigned a nickname relavent to his idiosyncracies or looks. I used to "twitch" and tap my finger on the trigger guard out of boredom while waiting in ambush for Charlie so I earned that name from The Viking, Bull, Smokey and the rest.

usm.jpg

Fred G.

Familiar Face
Why Fred G.?

Not that I like the show so much, but the concept of the man of simple means enjoying whatever he can of the good life, and scheming for more. I can relate to that.

PS Why is Lena Horne never on when I am???

Tangoman

New in Town
Tango, Argentine not Ballroom, is my passion and has been for the last two years. Previously I'd been dancing salsa for 10years and for the last 8 DJ'ing in a salsa club in the outskirts of London. I love to dance! Anyway first saw Argentine Tango danced socially about 6 years ago and really wanted to learn, took a few lessons in central London but it was difficult to get there after work, also my partner at that time and I split up and she got custody of Tango and I got Salsa and never the twain should meet. But time heals and 2 years ago I started lessons locally and this time I was really hooked! I still DJ for the salsa once a week but at least 3 times a week I'm dancing tango (have been known to dance 5 nights in a row)! So much to learn, so little time - my dance teacher started when he was 8, taught by his father. Of course apart from the dance and music being addictive, if you are so inclined you can get into the fashion of it - the suits, the hats - and that's how I ended up at the Lounge, where it looks like I'll be spending my free evenings - and that's why I'm Tangoman.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Linc- after Lincoln Motor Cars:)
Song- because life is a song.:) (there's good and bad songs just like in life)

My favorite cars are the 1961-1967 Lincoln Convertible and the 1956-1957 Continental Mark II.

Lincsong--not so much a person as a personality.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I was a Confederate Reenactor for over 18 years and Col. John Singleton Mosby of the 43rd Virginia Paritsan Rangers (Mosby's Raiders) C.S.A was the orginal Gray Ghost and is one of my heroes. It is in his honor that I have the name and I was always told that I move so quietly, even for a big man, that I would appear in a room as if I materialized there like a ghost. I learned stealth from an old special forces buddy of mine and from some native friends. I still freak people out doing that.

Eric "Gray Ghost" Russ

TheRetropolitan

New in Town
Well, "retro" and "metropolitan" just seemed so right for each other...

It's an alias I use because, frankly, I don't much trust the internet. It lets me say what I feel like saying.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Mine comes from a friend of mine here at work. I was grousing that any archaeologist worth his salt should have a good nickname. I also mentioned that I had always wanted to be called Jack (since my name is John) as a kid, but couldn't get it to stick. She came up with Mojave Jack, and I've been using it ever since. Our receptionist even put Mojave Jack on the sign out board at the front desk!

Caledonia

Practically Family
From Scotland - sadly unimaginative, but it has a bit of Boudicea celt to it, and in truth I just couldn't think of anything more interesting. I was once twoeggsovereasy....and even I can't work that one out!

Berlin Buster

New in Town
Mine was suggested to me by a friend who was considering joining the board (he was using his favorite pulp magazine character's name) - it has a double meaning for me, because I have always been very big on bombers from World War II, AND am slowly working my way into learning more about the Wehrmacht - so I'm either taking the name from a Berlin Buster, dropping bombs on the Krauts, or Berlin Buster, an average German citizen. :p

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Mine combines two things I love - WWII and my hometown! It is after the B-17 with the nose art of the same name. And, consequently, I call Fort Worth, Texas, home. It just worked out to be a nice fit.

x25jb5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters