Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seeking "ID" help this emblem.......

SIGGY

A-List Customer
Here's an emblem on a WW2 era jacket asked to "ID", I have never seen it before, It
12936745_789512324513009_4045945735942793178_n.jpg
was possibly linked to Dover ,Delaware AAFLD , and a P-47 RTU/School type etc , if you know what unit this is Please post , Much Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

SIGGY

A-List Customer
Thanks TPD166, yes I agree also in the USAAF/USAF usually "Training" , I have a couple of leads that both indicate it may be the "In combat/overseas version of the 410th Fighter Squadron, I have found and one of the two "leads: also agree that the emblem posted "here" was the "stateside" version of the 410th FS ........
410th Fighter Squadron, WW2, current unit 195th Fighter Sqd F-16's,PB.jpg

robrinay

One Too Many
It's similar to one on the wall in the (swamp?) - bar on Mash the TV series -a fist holding the torch rather than a helmet but the same lightning bolt I'll try and get a screen shot of it later - if I can I'll post it here - for the record it's series 8 episode 23 and its visible when Hunnicut and Aggie the female war correspondent he falls in love with, are in the bar.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner