Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seersucker suits

davestlouis

Practically Family
tomasso, I'm looking at those swatches you posted, and had a thought...wouldn't the creme tend to look dirty, compared to the white background? Or would the white get grungy and become a cream color with repeated use and laundering anyway?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
davestlouis said:
I'd feel like Mr Roarke on Fantasy Island in an all-white suit...de plane, de plane!
I suppose that's one way to look at it :rolleyes: .....

I prefer another.....

4-p9.jpg

davestlouis

Practically Family
Say what ya want, Cary Grant was a good looking guy. Some pics of him as an older man are amazing...I have a practical issue with really light-colored suits...I have 7 kids and 3 dogs, and the chance of my getting out of the house, much less anywhere fun, in a white or off-white suit is somewhere between slim and zilch!

davestlouis

Practically Family
Oh yeah, no question I'd feel funny wearing white. I'm so used to seeing myself in charcoal gray wool that I'd feel really strange in such a light color.

WH1

Practically Family
Did anyone else happen to see Terrell Owen's suit at the Kentucky Derby yesterday. It was a 3 piece, peak lapel, single breasted, 2 button in what looked like traditional seersucker. It looked pretty sharp IMHO. First time I have ever seen one like it and I liked it a lot.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

While the concept of my wearing white is a giant spaghetti sauce incident waiting to happen, all white would be better than the whole pastel stripe thing, too Baskin Robbins.

Later

samtemporary

One of the Regulars
What type of fedora with a seersucker?

I'm thinking of getting one for the south Florida climate where I live and work. Suede bucks are a given, but I wasn't too sure on the color/fabric of the top piece. Any suggestions?

Thanks - you guys are the Keepers of Class!

Charlie74

Familiar Face
I had a seersucker suit which I wore with white bucks and usually wore a bowtie with it. The trousers did have cuffs. Unfortunately, the closet atmosphere has shrunken the suit so I can no longer wear it

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Senate Seersucker Thursday is June 17

That said, I disapprove of such a day. It's a bit of classic Washington misdirection. What Seersucker Thursday is really intended to do is not to make light-colored clothing appropriate for the dance of power, but to make it exceptional - to effectively restrict it to one ceremonial day.

Richard Warren

Practically Family
On Monday I wore a light-weight blue wool blazer, and sweltered. On Tuesday, I wore seersucker, and was as cool as could be.

BTW the pants have cuffs and the shoes were brown penny loafers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails