Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Senator Jack's brush with greatness

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Well I just got an exuberant call from Senator Jack. He's out for a Speakeasy Nite on Manhattan's Upper East Side, saw one of his idols on the street and shook the man's hand.
541187269_be179d4b7a.jpg
1153082327_9345b8df7f.jpg

So, what do you think Jack shouldve said?
Post your suggestions.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have left the guy alone, then run to tell the internet who I saw on the street. This sounds snarky, but is actually what I would have done.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I met Sir Paul a few years ago. He agreed to do an interview with me, but i got laid off from the position that would have allowed me to do it, so it was not to be.

He seemed a very nice fellow.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
MrBern said:
So, what do you think Jack shouldve said?
Post your suggestions.

I would have said: "Get out of the way you sissy-- you helped ruin what was left of the civilized world, so unfortunate I had to meet you here!"

On a more serious note--I have to admit I kind of like the Lonely Hearts Club album. Yes, kinda like that. “Went upstairs, took a little smoke, went into a dream... I was a silly little dope....”:eek:

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
My sister is a big fan. Seen him over a hundred times. Was the first fan he ever brought on stage, and he tells her when he comes out on stage, the first thing he does is look for her and her partner casey. They say if you respect his privacy and only try to see or meet him in public, as opposed to his home, etc, he is really cool and loves his fans.

A quick look on the internet finds a fan speculating that they caused the famous incident in which paul threw his ring out a hotel window and almost called his wedding to heather Mills off, on them. if only it had worked.

One other thing -- if this did happen after his final concert in Ft. Lauderdale, it very well might be true. At that concert, at one point, he pulled two women (don't know their names, but some of my friends know them, they're big Macca-L members who follow him around to every show and he knows them) out of the audience and danced with them, and when it was over, he kissed both of them, one full on the lips. And, according to friends of mine who were THERE and saw the whole thing, instead of a roadie bringing Paul his guitar for the next number, HEATHER came out with it, and her face was all pursed up and she was DEFINITELY NOT AMUSED. I can only imagine that if she was really upset by that (and God knows WHY, that's just sick jealousy as far as I am concerned) then they had a blazing row afterwards...

Take this for what it's worth...

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would have said, "Hey! Paul Ramon!...loved the work you did with the Nerk Twins!", just to see what his reaction would've been!!! :D

-dixon 'Beatle' cannon

Here was c/u of the same fellow back in '90 in Tempe, AZ. I got to shoot three songs then they kicked me off the stage!

MaccaPHX.jpg

Elaina

One Too Many
I've got to side with Bella Hell. I wouldn't have said anything, but I wouldn't have rushed to tell anyone. Not a fan, and don't care.

Harrison might have been different. I loved The Traveling Wilburys, and possibly of told him it was, and is, one of my favorite albums. But it would have been along the lines of "I love the Wilburys!" as I was going off somewhere else.

Just got in. I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. I might have said 'hi'? I don't know. I was going out of the restaurant and he was coming in. Mr. H. from Dublin is here and he put it best. 'What did you do? Put out your hand like you knew him?" Yeah. That's exactly what I did. Just stuck out my hand. I'm man enough to admit this: I almost fainted. This is Paul f******* McCartney. One of the men who shaped the 20th Century. If you don't get it, you don't get it. D. Cannon knows! ;)

Regards,

Jack

Feraud

Bartender
Atterbury Dodd said:
"I hate you--you helped ruin what was left of my era."

But seriously, they were loopy. They helped get the young people on the drug culture... I have to admit I kind of liked the Lonely Hearts Club album though.
Your era? The 80s? ;)

It was a real thrill to encounter Sir Paul last night.
Mr.H and I were conspiring on how best to get a pic with him. lol

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Elaina said:
I've got to side with Bella Hell. I wouldn't have said anything, but I wouldn't have rushed to tell anyone. Not a fan, and don't care.

Harrison might have been different. I loved The Traveling Wilburys, and possibly of told him it was, and is, one of my favorite albums. But it would have been along the lines of "I love the Wilburys!" as I was going off somewhere else.
lol Another thing we have in common. I loved the Traveling Wilburys too.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
It would be tempting to say, hey Paul, Sam here, remember the day at your mother's ......

But really, I would react in one of two ways, either to say nothing and just watch, or ask him if I could politely interpose and have my picture taken with him.

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112