Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Setting Lotion

MarieAnne

Practically Family
kymeratale said:
Hi MarieAnne,

I was just going through the brush section and I am pretty sure they had some of those. The brush selection was pretty complete. I picked up a boar bristle teaser brush and have found it is great for brushing out smaller sections without tangling up the stuff that gets in the way. I will pop in on my way by next time (it is close to my house) and double check that they have them. That one isn't terribly large, but I have found everything I needed there. The one on Merivale Rd might be bigger with more selection.

Are you coming up to Ottawa anyway, or would you be making a special trip? If you're coming up anyway, let me know when and we could check out a couple of vintage stores in town. If you would be coming up just to go to Sally's, I could save you the trip and pick the brushes up for you and mail them down.

They do have the Lottabody, if you can't find it locally.

Cheers,
Ruthanne

Hey, glad you found everything you needed. Thank you so much for the offer. I don't have a trip planned at the moment, I'll let you know as soon as I do.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
MarieAnne said:
Hey, glad you found everything you needed. Thank you so much for the offer. I don't have a trip planned at the moment, I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Was in Sally's today and they do have all 3 sizes - $8.29.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Sweet! Thanks kymeratale. My mom lives in a bigger city in BC and she's actually trying to find me one. Fingers crossed!

crwritt

One Too Many
Amami wave set?

I just read this is being discontinued. Anyone here ever heard of it, or used it?
images

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=...ust-discontinued-shampoo-set-fashionable.html
article-0-08F30CD7000005DC-829_224x313.jpg

I've had a hard time getting this to link up. Can someone do any better?
http://www.historyworld.co.uk/content/amami.jpg
amami.jpg

PrettyPaula

New in Town
UK ladies, i am sad to find that Boots has discontinued all setting lotion :(

i have picked up some Wilko's own brand, i will let you know how it turns out :D

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I've never seen setting lotion in my local Boots stores but I've always found it in Superdrug if anyone's looking :) x

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Right there with ya, Paula. My hair is shoulder blade length, and I can do NOTHING with it, setting lotion or no. I have no skill for pin curls, and pillow rollers just aren't cutting it. I want Veronica Lake, I get... me, with slightly curled bangs. Not sure where I'm going wrong.

SheBear74

Practically Family
I have a couple questions :) I bought some lotabody today. Can I use it with a curling iron, or hot rollers? If so how do you do it? Put it on your wet hair, or dampen your hair with it, then let it dry, then curl?

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
Gracie Lee said:
Right there with ya, Paula. My hair is shoulder blade length, and I can do NOTHING with it, setting lotion or no. I have no skill for pin curls, and pillow rollers just aren't cutting it. I want Veronica Lake, I get... me, with slightly curled bangs. Not sure where I'm going wrong.
Ok I seemed to have got this one down. For this look I do 5-1 lotsabody on towel dried hair and then I use shine serum and brush that through. I then make quite large pincurls, about 2 inch rolls starting from the top of my head, making the curls roll down, instead of rolling them up. If you can't manage pincurls, which is totally hard with long hair, try rolling your hair around your fingers starting at your scalp moving twards the ends. If you still can't get them to behave try using those hard plastic curlers that have the clip on covers.

aallred

New in Town
Lottabody with olive oil?

After seeing what good reviews Lottabody was getting (especially from thin haired gals like myself) I decided to give it a go.

When I went to sallys the only Lottabody they had was green. It does say setting lotion on the front but it also has olive oil in it. Has anyone tried this kind? Or am I better off just ordering the right (purple) one?

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
crwritt said:
I just read this is being discontinued. Anyone here ever heard of it, or used it?

Yes I used it and loved it. Used to buy it in Boots until one day I went in and it was reduced, and then I heard it was being discontinued. Boo hoo. I blogged about it at the time here.

Amy

New in Town
Found Revlon Lottabody in London

Hi girls!

I found Revlon Lottabody in an afro hair shop in Upton Park, called Queens Cosmetics. £2.25 for 450 ml (undiluted), or a MASSIVE bottle for £4.99. Smells/works just like the stuff my mum used to use to set the old ladies' hair (she's a hairdresser). Could this be the same stuff as the Wella? Just thought you might want to know!

A

Miss Scarlet

One of the Regulars
I have a question. For the last couple of weeks my hair has looked significantly duller than it ever used to. I'm not sure if it's using setting lotion or to do with hairspray. It might even been because my hair hasn't seen much sun. I wondered if setting lotion has made other people's hair seem dull? If not I must find the other reason :)

Roxy

Familiar Face
Miss Scarlet said:
I have a question. For the last couple of weeks my hair has looked significantly duller than it ever used to. I'm not sure if it's using setting lotion or to do with hairspray. It might even been because my hair hasn't seen much sun. I wondered if setting lotion has made other people's hair seem dull? If not I must find the other reason :)

When my hair gets that way I add a tsp of baking soda to my shampoo when I wash and it removes the residue of styling products from my hair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner