Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SewRetro blog access

Drappa

One Too Many
I have been reading Sew Retro for a long time, but as of today it seems to have gone private? I don't really understand how or why, but it says it is invitation only and to contact the author. Does anyone know who the author of the bog is, or how to get access?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
That's why I had to shut my blog down. It's awful when people you don't get along with find you.

Hear, hear...

I went to the Sew Retro main website, and found my way to this page. There is a copy of the blog there, so perhaps she moved it to this domain. If not, emailing that address should solve the problem. :)

Last edited:

Drappa

One Too Many
Oh, now I'm really confused as this seems to be another blog?! I mean the one where different bloggers all add entries of their latest projects. Lauren sometimes does, so maybe she'll see this and can chime in. Or is it the same person but she runs different blogs? To clarify, I mean sewretro.blogspot.com
Hear, hear...

I went to the Sew Retro main website, and found my way to this page. There is a copy of the blog there, so perhaps she moved it to this domain. If not, emailing that address should solve the problem. :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
http://sewretro.blogspot.com/ (the one with the orange background) is still on its blogspot site and seems to be working fine. I have no idea about it being private, but to contribute (post) you do have to be invited. There is a button on the bottom of the page that says you can request an invite.

Perhaps they made commenting on posts only for invited people. I can understand that. Spam is on the rise, so you might need to join in order to be able to comment.

The other sewretro looks to be unrelated. The 'sew retro' tagline is pretty common.

LD

Last edited:

Drappa

One Too Many
I just tried that link and can't see what I normally see, it just says I have to sign in with my Google mail, but when I do it says I don't have access. It's saved in my favourites, so I usually just click on it and can read the blog, but not any more. I don't actually want to contribute, just like looking at all the great things other people make. Oh well, maybe it's a glitch.

This is what it says:

This blog is open to invited readers only

http://sewretro.blogspot.com/
It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

Drappa

One Too Many
Ugh, I'm giving up. I can neither access nor see any contact info for Sewretro, nor am I able to contact Google directly. They keep redirecting me to tons of different help forums and topics, none of which have anything to do with this problem, and all of which are for people who own a blog, not those who just wish to read them. In case anyone is able to access the site and can get me an email address, I'd appreciate it and email them. Otherwise I am not getting anywhere :(

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Oh, now I'm really confused as this seems to be another blog?! I mean the one where different bloggers all add entries of their latest projects. Lauren sometimes does, so maybe she'll see this and can chime in. Or is it the same person but she runs different blogs? To clarify, I mean sewretro.blogspot.com

Whoops! I'm less Sherlock, more Watson I think lol

lareine

A-List Customer
I think somebody made a mistake with a setting somewhere. I'm having the same problem and I know it's not a fault on my side.

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks LD, I'll email them! Also glad that I'm not the only one with the problem, I was starting to doubt my handling of modern technology... :D

Drappa

One Too Many
Thankfully it has cleared up, they have a little note up and it's working now! I just love that blog, so many talented people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner