Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share the love....

Magus

Practically Family
Some time ago I posted a couple of hats that I had acquired as parts of "lots" that I bought. Thinking that someone here might want them...(no one did...lol) So I had them in my third bedroom/den/video gameroom/paint studio/hat storage.

A couple of weeks ago week or so ago a friend of my daughter was over with the gang and was helping me move some things to that room. Now....here are all these vintage fedoras and hat boxes and he picks up the London fog Peter sellers/pinkpanther looking hat and says, "Ooooooo"! He pops it on his head and it fit like a glove.

So I say...its yours. You would have thought I gave him a car...he loved it and stepped into the London detective role and remained there all evening. As happy as a clam.

Then last week my nephew was over and noticed my hats. "How much would an ok fedora cost me?" I said, " oh...it depends...anywhere from $10 to $300. What's you head size?" He didn't know so I measured him and knew that I had two size 7 1/4 hats up there that would fit. So I gave him the choice of the 60's Marathon Stingy or the 80's wool Dorfman Pacific. He liked the DP better (it did look best on him) and asked how much I needed for it...again I said, "Its yours." Another "new car winner moment" ensued. He wears it regularly. (Usually with Dickies pants and a wife beater t-shirt i.e. the gangsta look) But its properly shaped and classically done up....so good for him.

Why tell you all this stuff? Not for "at-ta-boys" but rather to encourage you to "Share the love" with your "extra" hats you never know what might happen.

M

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
What better way to teach the next generation, but even more important, the golden rule. I salvaged an old Wormser while moving my inlaws a few months back. The hat was obviously not my size, but it will be passed on to my daughter (she likes hats as well) or on to my grandson. While he is only 1 y/o and it will be a while for him. There is a vintage lid in his future.

jpch3.jpg

Starting him out western of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24