Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Photoshop is so fun to play with......:)

I got this image from Shorpy.com. It's a very nice website of vintage photos.

onbicyclesepia100.jpg
[/IMG]

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
Downtown Burbank Arts Festival - November 10-11
Downtown Burbank Partnership and Burbank Arts Education Foundation are partnering for the Downtown Burbank ARTS Festival scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, November 10 and 11 from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on San Fernando Boulevard between Magnolia and Angeleno in Downtown Burbank.

Went there, got to meet Big Sleep. We had a good conversation and several laughs. His art is even more impressive when viewed personally. I had a good time. Yes, as promised, he was wearing a fedora. :)

I also discovered the art of Robert Marble. A very funny artist. I bought "Yeow!", which, unfortunately, is not yet on the website. Peruse his prints and have a few good laughs.

Had dinner with mom and brother at Market City restaurant. Oh . . . My . . . GOODNESS!! Excellent service and even better food! I told our waitress, Stacy, that if I'd been a restaurant critic, I'd give them very high marks. She asked if we wanted to tell that to the manager, and of course we said we did. The manager approached looking rather trepidacious. But you should have seen her face brighten as we complimented everything about our dining experience. (Because of her expression as she approached, and the roundabout route she took to get to our table, we have a feeling that our waitress had set her up for a pleasant surprise. lol)

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, Big Sleep. I hope we'll meet again. Oh! Have you seen another movie with ennis Farina, Big Trouble? If you haven't, give it a try. I think you'll like it.

Lee

"How do you know that he's dead, did he tell you?" - Ray Bones

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Hey MrNewport
It was great to meet you. Had a ball talking with you. Your brother is a character! LOL
Thanks for coming by.
I did see Big Trouble. In fact I own it. Pretty funny. Also check out the British crime movie Snatch. He's pretty funny in that also.

Well gotta go. The Art Festival has one more day and I gotta get some food in me before we head on over.

In the immortal words of Warren Oats in the the movie 1941 "Vio con Dios!"
Or, "Let me hear your guns boy!"

Trickeration

Practically Family
I sketch and paint some, but most everything I've done in that area is stored back home. However, my favorite thing to do is carving. It doesn't matter what material. I've used wood, soap (good for teaching scouts without losing fingers) semi-hard clay, cork. Most of what I carve is in miniature. Here are to pictures of some carvings I did some time ago for my kids. Both are carved from cork and I used half of a walnut shell for the display.

pict3620dr2.jpg

Neverland with skull rock, treehouse, pirate ship, and tee pees.

pict3619ix7.jpg

Capt. Hook and Smee.

zaika

One Too Many
Trickeration said:
I sketch and paint some, but most everything I've done in that area is stored back home. However, my favorite thing to do is carving. It doesn't matter what material. I've used wood, soap (good for teaching scouts without losing fingers) semi-hard clay, cork. Most of what I carve is in miniature. Here are to pictures of some carvings I did some time ago for my kids. Both are carved from cork and I used half of a walnut shell for the display.

pict3620dr2.jpg

Neverland with skull rock, treehouse, pirate ship, and tee pees.

pict3619ix7.jpg

Capt. Hook and Smee.

those are amazing...ingly TINY. wow. cork, you say? you're kids have an awesome mom!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou