Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Corto

A-List Customer
zaika said:
thank you corto! i was going to say that i really love your sketches...the infantryman is my favorite...the pose, clothing...and the boots! i wish i could draw like that!

Thank you Zaika!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Quigley Brown said:
Some more Photoshop fun... I must say I've become quite a dandy...;)

quiteadandy100.jpg
[/IMG]

Quigley, I love the humour in your pictures. They always make me smile. :)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:
lol lol lol lol lol lol

That is AMAZING! Quigley, you've always had such a fantastic skill! And I never stop laughing at your cleaver alterations! :eusa_clap

Thanks. If I made someone laugh then I've accomplished what I set out to do.:D

zaika

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
Wow, Zaika - I have a friend who makes a living professionally by painting icons in churches. Yours are just as good (if not better) than his!

oh really? would it be alright if you shared his name? we had an iconographer write some beautiful pieces for our church...i wonder if he's the same fellow!
well...gosh...thanks for the compliment!! these are only the first two i've ever attempted...and they did have flaws that my instructor fixed. so...if they look alright, it's all thanks to her. lol maybe in time...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
zaika said:
oh really? would it be alright if you shared his name? we had an iconographer write some beautiful pieces for our church...i wonder if he's the same fellow!
well...gosh...thanks for the compliment!! these are only the first two i've ever attempted...and they did have flaws that my instructor fixed. so...if they look alright, it's all thanks to her. lol maybe in time...

But they are supposed to have a flaw or two....

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
zaika said:

Zaika - I PM'd you the information.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
It's not really art, but I just made my boyfriend a myspace page. He plays traditional ragtime and blues guitar, and was messing about with his friend (who plays banjo) in our kitchen. We recorded them and I made them a myspace. I'm not very techy so I'm quite proud of myself!! It's not really vintage, and it's pretty different from the stuff he does on his own, but I like it.

http://www.myspace.com/steeljohnsonduo

(his surname is Steel and his friend's is Johnson, thus the name!)

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple new pieces I've been working on.

HardBoiled.png

This one is a mixed media piece.

FastCompany.png

This one is inspired by the street art of Bansky and Shepard Fairey

Hope you dig em!
I will be set up at the Burbank Fine Art Festival next Saturady the 10th and Sunday the 11th.
If you're out that way stop and say hi.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
BigSleep said:

HardBoiled.png

FastCompany.png

Hope you dig em!
I will be set up at the Burbank Fine Art Festival next Saturady the 10th and Sunday the 11th.

Ooh, I may be able to make that--where is it?

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
sweetfrancaise said:
Ooh, I may be able to make that--where is it?

What Sweet said. :)

I'll be in Van Nuys for the Fall Fling Mopar show on that day, then to my traditional after-show Burbank haunt, Autobooks, on Magnolia. What are the hours and location of your show, BigSleep? I'd like to meet you and see more of your fantastic work.

Lee

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
BigSleep said:

HardBoiled.png

FastCompany.png

Hope you dig em!

I certainly dig 'em!!!:eusa_clap

deelovely

Practically Family
Ada Veen said:
It's not really art, but I just made my boyfriend a myspace page. He plays traditional ragtime and blues guitar, and was messing about with his friend (who plays banjo) in our kitchen. We recorded them and I made them a myspace. I'm not very techy so I'm quite proud of myself!! It's not really vintage, and it's pretty different from the stuff he does on his own, but I like it.
AdaVeen, I love the music!!:)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
the google reveals..

Downtown Burbank Arts Festival - November 10-11
Downtown Burbank Partnership and Burbank Arts Education Foundation are partnering for the Downtown Burbank ARTS Festival scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, November 10 and 11 from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on San Fernando Boulevard between Magnolia and Angeleno in Downtown Burbank.

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Thanks for posting that Miss Neecerie.
I'm looking forward to meeting any of you that come out.
I'll be the guy in the fedora. Ha.

zaika

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:

great myspace page! you did a great job, ada. will you do mine now? lol and awesome steel guitar! i friended him. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes