Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Just painted my skull......

Really. Sort of a western art form that somehow appealed to me now that I am in the west. :)
Did it as a present for someone.
100_2787.jpg
[/IMG]
Maybe there's a market for this??,..anyone need their skull painted?? lol

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Quigley Brown said:
Are these ones safe, Mr. Bartender?

india100.jpg
[/IMG]

maewest100.jpg
[/IMG]

These are beautiful images. Just curious, Quigley, what kind of filters (in-camera or in post) or PS effects did you use on these? Love the tonal depth, and it's a look a at lot of the high-end magazines are beginning to use.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Wow! What a great thread. I just viewed pages 1 - 47 all in one sitting. lol

There were so many great drawings, sculptures, photos, cartoons, illustrations and paintings. My thanks to all of you who shared your work with us. I wish I had something to share with all of you but sadly I'm not an artist just someone who appreciates art in it's many forms. :eusa_clap

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Matt Crunk said:
These are beautiful images. Just curious, Quigley, what kind of filters (in-camera or in post) or PS effects did you use on these? Love the tonal depth, and it's a look a at lot of the high-end magazines are beginning to use.

Hi Matt, thanks! I used a Topaz Adjust filter made for Photoshop. It's actually a quick, simple effect. If you go to the Topaz website you can download it free for 30 days (which is what I did........).

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Art for the blind

...or at least the vision-impaired. Here are two pieces I submitted for a show called "Out of Sight", which had very strict guidelines: two-dimensional art could only be black on white, no shading or gradation. Also, it was encouraged to appeal to other senses than vision.
Lavender Tea Party. The heart is felt, stuffed with lavender buds, so patrons can squeeze and sniff.
3933527710_26f781d54f_b.jpg

Lemon Butterfly. Felt flower is stuffed with dried lemon balm leaves.
3933527708_8ca97c009c_b.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Think about the iPod and all that it can do; hold and play thousands of songs, through earphones so that no one around you is disturbed, even play videos.

Now consider the photo I submit below: It's a close-up of a late 1940s portable Victrola record player. It only plays 78 rpm records. It has to be wound up before every song. The needle has to be replaced after just a couple of plays. It has no volume control, other than inserting some fabric into the sound box: Hence the term, "Shove a sock in it."

The record is Der Fuehrer's Face, by Spike Jones and his City Slickers. No electronic keyboards, drums or even guitars: Every gun shot, belch, bottle tap, cowbell and hiccup was recorded as it sounded, put onto wax and then shellac. Then, a few years later, the shellac was replaced by vinyl. You had to carry this suitcase-sized record player and a box of records around with you to enjoy them outside of the home. Now-a-days . . . you just plug in.

Convenience has made these items obsolete. But, I can tell you from experience; there's nothing quite like hearing vintage music as it was heard the day it was released.

DerFuehrersFace78079.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Lady Day you always create the best pictures they are so much fun. I think I might have to ask you to do one for me one of these days.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
3998919646_7d0187a736_b.jpg

"Miss Jeannie", inspired by Jeannie, one of the cats up for adoption at Central Oklahoma Humane Society. There will be a reception in a couple weeks, to benefit the Society. Art sales and, hopefully, animal adoptions as well.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
Self portrait of sorts

This is the full version of the pic I'm using as my avatar. I drew it in pencil then inked and colored it in Photoshop. This kind of cartooning is the sort of thing I'd be doing for a living if I could find a way to make enough money with it. Not as elegant as so much of what's in the Display Case, but I enjoyed doing it.

4016851583_c4ccdda483_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80