Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ship John

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I usually soak raw/new denim, it usually adds some life to it. It this case it did tighten it up a bit and the Color changed to a darker shade.
I left it to soak about an hour in Luke warm water and air dried.
Ton, If you use the dryer, pause it and try it the jacket on a few times during the cycle. So you can stop The process If it’s starts getting too tight

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
My Ship John Ramblin Jacket Broken Twill arrived today, so I had to go to the all denim all the time channel.
Mr. Freedom Cap, Rockmont Stonewashed Western Shirt, Brave Star Selvage Mask, LVC 1954 501Z jeans.
IMG_2965.jpeg
IMG_3002.jpeg
IMG_3033.jpeg
IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3065.jpeg

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
The Waxed Wills go on sale again tomorrow at 12:34 PST.. if your interested create an account before hand, CC out, and know your size as they go fast..

or if you’re an xl, check the classifieds here as there is one listed, I’m surprised it lasted the day.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Looks good on ya Jonesey!
Thanks @Boyo. Not sure what to make of the sizing, the XL was supposed to be:
Chest 24.5"
Shoulder 19.25"
Sleeve 25.75"
Back 26.25"

What came in is"
Chest 24"
Shoulder 19"
Sleeve 26.5"
Back 28"

The Chest, Shoulder, and Sleeve all fit me better than their spec. would have, but a 28" length feels a little like wearing a car coat.

IMG_3085.jpg
IMG_3084 2.jpg
IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_3082 2 2.jpg

Psant25

One Too Many
Yeah, I do not understand how they miss the spec so much on a denim jacket esp off that much length wise. I think they do them all small batch in house right? Oh well I am not one that got one of these. I had looked hard at getting one. Even the 26 length for a type iii -ish jacket was too long imo. But i am a fan of the classic broader shoulder shorter length boxy cut type iii

jglf

A-List Customer
How much shrinkage should you expect in the body and sleeves after wash/dry? I wonder if the added length in those 2 areas are to compensate for that?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
It would appear that these are all definitely longer than was expected. If I had to guess they needed to stretch out the length to fit all the pockets up front. for the next iteration maybe eliminate the middle set of pockets and pull the length back up. ( and add an inside pocket)

SJ site states not to expect too much shrinkage with washing. I didnt get much with a warm soak.. but it got darker

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
How much shrinkage should you expect in the body and sleeves after wash/dry? I wonder if the added length in those 2 areas are to compensate for that?
I assume it is unsanforized raw denim, so you would expect some shrinkage, depending on how it is handled. I am actually happy that the sleeves are longer than spec., but 1-3/4 inch shrinkage on the back length would be huge.
I think it is a pretty cool jacket none the less.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
IG is probably the best way to stay on top of the releases. Most stuff lingers for a few days, but the Wills Jackets sell out in minutes. He’ll announce something a few days before it gets listed but you’ll need to remember because he may not repeat it.
I think they do 20-25 Jackets at a time now so if that’s what you want you gotta be quick.
im pretty sure @Bfd70 is waiting for Jacket currently, how’d you do it?
Yep. Followed release on IG. Was on the site hitting buy the second they went on sale. After checking out, out of curiosity i tried adding another to the cart. Maybe 3 min later. SOLD OUT.

Cornelius

Practically Family
For that price, if you want a waxed cotton jacket I would just buy a Filson "Tin Cruiser" and save some cash. Much better pocketing layout, especially the immensely useful rear game/map pocket. I wore one as a daily beater for 5+ years until it had too many tears & Filson refused to honor their lifetime guarantee to repair/replace (because I'd had the audacity to have already stitched some of the tears myself).

I suppose I got my $185 out of it though.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
But does “working on” mean “we just started so give us a few weeks” or “should ship out soon”
I prob would have ordered anyway but the 8-12 week delivery time meant i’d get in early oct or early Nov. Not really useful for me Dec-Feb

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I feel your pain brother. Every time I have ordered a jacket that should arrive “just in time” for something I have been stymied. Looks like this might turn out to be your springtime jacket instead...

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
For that price, if you want a waxed cotton jacket I would just buy a Filson "Tin Cruiser" and save some cash. Much better pocketing layout, especially the immensely useful rear game/map pocket. I wore one as a daily beater for 5+ years until it had too many tears & Filson refused to honor their lifetime guarantee to repair/replace (because I'd had the audacity to have already stitched some of the tears myself).

I suppose I got my $185 out of it though.
I freely admit to jumping on the hype train here. Also, i like to support small business when possible. I acknowledge that the employees of large businesses need their jobs too and that my position is based On unwarranted romanticism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ