Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirt Collars

Captain Neon

Familiar Face
There was a guy that I went to high school with that wore his button-down shirts with the top two buttons undone and the collar pulled backwards to the point that the third button would be just below his Adam's apple where the second button should be. The top button that most people button to wear a tie was right below his earlobe; kind'a like neckbolts for Frankenstein's monster. There were a couple of younger kids that copied him because they thought he was edgy and cool. All of one's cervical vertebrae and a few thoracic vertebrae are exposed in the back. It looks kind'a uncomfortable to me and really silly. It's gotta be hard to keep the front tucked in and the rear tail has got to be all bunched up in the seat of one's trousers. I never thought much of it, until recently. I guess this hipster fashion has returned. I see teenagers at church, and also grown men at work (that should really know better) doing this again. Any one else see this in their parts? Am I the only one that thinks it looks silly? For all I know, it may even have a name.

BTW, I saw some one other than Benny Hinn wearing a Nehru jacket the other day. Please tell me that those ugly things aren't coming back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner