Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show (or Tell) the Top Three in Your Everyday Rotation

Goose.

Practically Family
Taking off from Harp Player Gene's "Top Ten Hats" thread ( http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=41560 ), some mentioned a thread for "what hats do you wear the most often". My thought was that this makes sense as my top three in the list for Gene's thread are not hats I really wear often.

So, here ya go. Post your Top Three that you wear. "Three" as there may be those that don't have ten hats total (yet ;)). But post whatever number is in your regular rotation.

For me, given a three hour tour...a Federation IV Dark Brown for a night out with Mary Ann. FIVD Moonstone for dinner with Ginger. And my Akubra Homburg in case that coyote Mrs. Howell comes around. Whatever the reason, these are the trio that seem to get the most wear from me.

Looking forward to your posts...

556303073_NZ3pa-M.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Ooo-la-la, those are nice lookin' straws, fellas.

OK, I'll play! :)

My most often worn three (lately) are these.

'50s 3X Stetson Open Road:
DSC_0018.jpg

Royal DeLuxe Stetson Privateer:
DSC_0007-1.jpg

Barbisio Panama:
DSC_0007-1.jpg

A lot of times when I don't post to the "What hat are you wearing today" thread it's just because I'm wearing one of these AGAIN. :D

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Summer rotation includes Optimo Milan, Montecristi optimo re-blocked by Optimo, and Montecristi by Bob/Art Fawcett.
DSC01484.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice Alucard. What are the dimensions of the Bob/Art creation? Looks like at least a 2 inch ribbon on that one.

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Garrett said:
Nice Alucard. What are the dimensions of the Bob/Art creation? Looks like at least a 2 inch ribbon on that one.
The brim is 2 1/2 and the ribbon almost 2 1/2. Crown ?...Tall.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Weather is still unseasonably cool in Pasadena, so here's the three right now:

VS Dingus
DSCN1528.jpg

VS based on a Johnny Phi I lost to JTL

DSCN1287.jpg

Wormser Texan
DSCN1474.jpg

jpbales

Practically Family
Summer time favorites:
1. Miller Milan:
TopSideAngle-2.jpg

2. Panama Bob:
TopSideAngle.jpg

3. Panama Bob:
TopSideAngle-1.jpg

Winter Favorites:
1 (most worn) Fed IV:
n583648597_1432132_7187.jpg

2 (nicest hat) Bond Executive
BondSideAngle.jpg

3. Campdraft:
SideAngle-1.jpg

Mr. Paladin

These are my top three favorites which I am more likely to pick up whenever I hit the door to go out for anything except church. Listed in order:

1) Center - Stetson Colony in bark color with a 2 1/2" brim;

2) Right - Stetson Open Road in an interesting gold/tan color with a 2 3/4" brim (its the one I repaired the moth bites on and I wear it often);

3) Left - Akubra Camp Draft in glen grey color with 2 3/4+ brim.

I enjoy my other hats very much as well but these seem to have morphed into my current favorites for everyday wear.

TopThree001.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:

So, here ya go. Post your Top Three that you wear. "Three" as there may be those that don't have ten hats total (yet ;)). But post whatever number is in your regular rotation.

Looking forward to your posts...

I hesitated to post in this thread, since my hats aren't anywhere near the caliber of most of yours. Also, I wore primarily only two hats this winter, so just settled into a warm weather rotation: Borsalino Allesandria (at Optimo), Stetson Open Road - most practical hat I have now, with 2 7/8" brim, and a Stetson Playboy (also at Optimo)...back-up for two at Optimo has been a medium grey Dobbs Hanover Square, which I love, but it's dressy.

Given these discussions about "favorite 10", "most worn 3", I'm wondering if anyone of the rest of you have set limits on collection size? I am trying to keep it at 10 vintage, but seems more practical to just add a couple more hat racks to the wall.

BobC

Here, here, Tom. I couldn't agree more. A year and a half ago I had a flea market straw, a Panama Jack hat and a wool felt hat. Now I have between 25 and 30 hats and more coming. I have 8 or so Akubras, 6 customs and a growing collection of vintage lids thanks to my friends here on the lounge who help me out. It's a good thing I found this place. I never knew I loved hats so much. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I thought that it may be time to bring this thread to life again. My top three hat in rotation changes from week to week, but currently I have four. Three VS hats and a Stetson. On the left, Blue Smoke with a 20 ligne charcoal crown ribbon and brim edge binding to match the felt. On the top is a Sahara with a 16 ligne brown ribbon, and brim edge binding to match the felt. On the upper right side is a Royal Deluxe Stetson open Road. Lastly, on the lower right side is the Granite with 18 ligne brown crown ribbon and the brim edge done in an under welt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner