Show us their hats!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Matt Deckard, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Deputy U.S. Marshal Heck Thomas (1850 - 1912)

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1323.PNG

IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

2. Robieman

Robieman One of the Regulars

3. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Same thing I was wondering.

4. I believe you are correct, Robie. Good eye! I was looking at his neck tie in that pic. A lot of the pics in the McCubbin collection have rarely been published before, until the collection was recently broken up at auction after Robert McCubbin's death.

5. Robieman

Robieman One of the Regulars

I also noticed the tie. There is a lot to see in that pic. I also wondered where he carry's his pistol ammo. But obviously, his rifle is his main weapon. And what about that hat?! Is that cool or what!

6. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

Neat photos. 7.5" Colt looks to have 2 piece pearl grips, a deluxe pistol grip Winchester '86 in 45-90.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

Likely in a double row of loops under his hand on the left side on the buckle. Love those big old 45-90s for his deluxe '86.

Something like this reproduction.....although this one has 30-30 loops (shown on top) which is obviously not what Thomas was using. Not an uncommon set of leather for the day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  8. Came across on my FaceBook feed today. Clark Gable in a gull-wing Mercedes.

[​IMG]

9. Postal Carrier. 1907.

upload_2020-10-28_21-48-9.png

10. Jesus Silva at the approximate age of 85, ~1930.

Silva lived his entire life in Fort Sumner, NM & knew William H. Bonney (Billy the Kid) from the time he arrived. He helped move the body from the house, built the coffin, dug the grave & served as one of the pallbearers to bury Billy.

Billy's hat was often thought to have been a Top Hat but was actually a tall open crown hat with a crown crease from the side. The style was quite popular as evidenced by Silva's hat in the pic.

IMG_1314.JPG

11. Deputy US Marshal Eli Hickman "Heck" Bruner (1859 - 1899)

On July 21, 1899 Bruner drowned swimming across the Grand River in the Oklahoma territory while attempting to bring a driverless ferry back across so that his posse could board.

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

Bruner was part of the 1887 posse of US Marshals killing Ned Christie in the Indian Nation of Oklahoma territory.

IMG_1321.jpg

12. The 1908 reunion of former Deputy U.S. Marshals who served under Judge Isaac Charles Parker in the Federal Court of The Western District of Arkansas.

IMG_1322.PNG

13. [​IMG]

RIP a Great Scot. A wee dram of Laphroig tonight, Slainte!

14. Wow, didn't know.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  15. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

Goodbye, old man. Time finally took what the bad guys never could.

16. Sombrero Jack, a street tough kid with a gang in Silver City, NM. The first time William H. Bonney (Billy the Kid) was ever arrested it was with the gang, for stealing clothes from a Chinese laundry. Not much other personal info is known about Sombrero Jack.

IMG_1312.JPG

17. Unusual hat for LBJ.

IMG_1440.jpg

18. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

He couldn’t help but make it resemble something more familiar.

Rmccamey and BobHufford like this.
  19. Do those side dents touch each other? ;)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  20. Guess he wasn't a film noir type guy.

You're kidding, right?