Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
That's great you got to try it first. Did anybody tell what ammo it likes? If they didn't, go to the nearest store and get some of each type of Standard velocity and high velocity ammo that they have and see which groups the best. I wouldn't suggest the hyper velocity stuff unless you plan on hunting at long range with it.

He didn't say. I know he only put about 400 rounds through it, all from the same brick. I put a bunch of different ammo through my Ruger Mark III when I bought it and, not surprisingly, found that it likes CCI standard the best. That's what I've been shooting out of the Marlin, as most guns seem to love it. There is a local gun shop that sells mixed bricks of ammo, but I haven't gotten around to grabbing one because they're really expensive. I'll definitely try it though once I've recovered from this purchase a bit :)

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Wow, Johnnysan, that is a BEAUTIFUL gun!

Thanks, Kitty! I am really happy with it. I was hunting around for awhile and wanted to buy something that my daughter would like to keep when she gets older. I found this one at a local gun show, brand new in the box, for $200. I would have preferred American-made, as opposed to just American-labeled, but after getting this one out on the range a few weeks ago, I am certainly not disappointed.

BTW...nice purchase with your Marlin. That's a fine rifle and kudos on the package deal!

palma

New in Town
East India Company pistol much like this one:

EIC-Pistol.jpg

Will put actual pics up soon

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
She's beautiful!!

Is there a modern company that makes these in a "shell-firing" form? One that shoots bullets or shot, rather than muzzle-loading? (Rifled or Smoothe-bore, I'm interested in either... I know about the tax stamps etc.) I know some companies made them in the late 1800s early 1900s, I just wonder if any companies make them now.... (vintage style, modern perks - i.e. more affordable + easy to find parts...)

Essentially a larger-than-.22, single-shot, single/double barreled pistol suitable for safari-like expeditions. Something Allan Quatermain or Cecile Rhodes might have carried perhaps? (a good companion to a double rifle or drilling - something big enough to stop a man or tiger but small enough to carry as a pistol.)

Anyone know of such a company?

KilroyCD

One Too Many
For Kitty and anyone else fairly new to firearms, I'd suggest checking out Project Appleseed
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

If there's nothing scheduled in your locale, email and ask - the Squeeky wheel getting the grease and all that.

The other is the Civilian Marksmanship Program
http://www.odcmp.co/

Match organizers are generally friendly folk, and if one emails ahead of time to say "I don't plan to shoot, but can I come watch for a bit?" they're usually amenable.

I shoot in CMP matches that are held at the sportsman's club I belong to near Quarryville, PA ( www.slcfsa.com ). We always welcome people who are new and just wish to observe before trying their hand at these events. They really are a lot of fun, and the folks at my club are quick to help out someone new to the sport.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Here are two of my latest additions; a Russian Nagant M1895 revolver and a Henry Frontier in .22LR with the octagon barrel. The large lever loop is an optional part I fitted to my rifle because of my meaty hands, and also because I like the looks.
Picture005a-1.jpg

Picture003a-1.jpg

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I just picked up this one:

1911-2.jpg

1911-1.jpg

Colt, made in 1917, rebuilt at some point with a mix of 1911 and 1911A1 parts and parkerized. No arsenal rebuild marks, don't know who did it...

M

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I shot it today. 1963 dated ball ammo works better than I thought. Don't shoot one handed in front of an audience, folks feel compelled to tell you you're doing it wrong.

There's something about a 1911 that makes me want to shoot it the old way, even though I know a two handed stance is better.

M

Doublegun

Practically Family
The 1911 shoots well, one handed or two. I don't have an original, I have a Kimber but I have shot an original and the design is flawless. I'm pretty confident American GI's took care of a lot of business shooting their 1911 one handed.

My dad's old Shotgun (I believe his 870, but I can't remember or tell from the pic) and AR-15.

Gene, I had to check if the Hamm's cans were still on the hood of my car lol My brother and sister graduated high school this weekend, so we were celebrating!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner