Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
My dad's old Shotgun (I believe his 870, but I can't remember or tell from the pic) and AR-15.

Gene, I had to check if the Hamm's cans were still on the hood of my car lol My brother and sister graduated high school this weekend, so we were celebrating!

You can't beat an 870 for a good bread and butter shotgun. Congrats to your brother and sister on the graduation.

Kirk H.

MojoStick

New in Town
Got this the other day...

Uberti 1879 Cattleman 45LC, Old West Finish.

Been pondering this one for a while, finally bit the bullet!
Not an oldie, but definitely a goodie!

IMG_0483.jpg

Last edited:

MojoStick

New in Town
No offense, but I have to laugh, your brand spanking new Peacemaker looks worse then the 1881 that I used to own!

I noticed that myself. Saw one yesterday at an antique/military collectable shop here in town, but for the price I'll take the look.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
My wife's grandpa passed away a week ago (RIP) and some of his WWII and police stuff was given to me. Among them this Crossman 38T pellet gun. I was told by my father in-law (grandpa's son) that when he started in the police (he later left and joined the army) they made them train with this type of guns first before the real ones. This one is metal (don't know what kind, I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to guns, though I like their design a lot) and very heavy. I haven't opened it yet to see the insides but it seems to work. I'll have to see if it shoots the pellets.
It has some wear and I think that gives it character. There was a receipt inside as well.

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

I had a 38T in the late 70's when I was in high school. Unfortunately I dropped it and the hammer broke. It shot well and had the heft and feel of a real handgun. As I recall, the only down side of it was that the velocity fell off quickly because the CO2 bottles got cold and lost pressure when you fired it rapidly.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Any advise on how to restore some shine to a black revolver?

Are you able to send a decent picture of the revolver? It may never have had a 'shiny' finish, or possibly the black finish (blueing) has been worn of and needs to be redone. "Flitz" polish has served me well, but be advised that it is an abrasive (like toothpaste) and needs to be used sparingly and GENTLY.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Are you able to send a decent picture of the revolver? It may never have had a 'shiny' finish, or possibly the black finish (blueing) has been worn of and needs to be redone. "Flitz" polish has served me well, but be advised that it is an abrasive (like toothpaste) and needs to be used sparingly and GENTLY.

Here's a quick phone shot. I know nothing about it (or about guns for that matter), it was another of my wife's grandfather (RIP) that he left to me. It seems to be a blank gun as the barrel is solid. The gun seems to be covered in some sort of sticky grease and that is making the metal look matte. I'd like it to look a little bit smoother, if that makes sense.

You can see here how the cylinder looks matte, cloudy, like it needs to be polished...
41a2f4e8.jpg

9913aacf.jpg

0e56502f.jpg

Last edited:

RABowling

New in Town
CenturyArmsCoachgunRight.jpg

12 gauge, external hammer coach gun.

RossiModel92Right.jpg

.45 Colt Model 1892 lever action rifle.

UbertiEMFHartfordRight.jpg

.45 Colt Uberti replica of Colt 1873 SAA, 5.5".

UbertiEMFOutlaw1875Right.jpg

.45 Colt Uberti replica of Remington 1875 Outlaw, 7.5"

The above guns are used for Cowboy Action Shooting.

MetroarmsAmericanClassic191145autoRight.jpg

1911 Clone, .45 ACP.

SpringfieldArmoryXD-9Sub-Compact9mmRight.jpg

9mm Springfield XD-9 Subcompact. Main carry weapon.

RugerLCP380AutoRight.jpg

.380 ACP Ruger LCP, Arizona summer carry weapon.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
CenturyArmsCoachgunRight.jpg

12 gauge, external hammer coach gun.

RossiModel92Right.jpg

.45 Colt Model 1892 lever action rifle.

UbertiEMFHartfordRight.jpg

.45 Colt Uberti replica of Colt 1873 SAA, 5.5".

UbertiEMFOutlaw1875Right.jpg

.45 Colt Uberti replica of Remington 1875 Outlaw, 7.5"

The above guns are used for Cowboy Action Shooting.

MetroarmsAmericanClassic191145autoRight.jpg

1911 Clone, .45 ACP.

SpringfieldArmoryXD-9Sub-Compact9mmRight.jpg

9mm Springfield XD-9 Subcompact. Main carry weapon.

RugerLCP380AutoRight.jpg

.380 ACP Ruger LCP, Arizona summer carry weapon.

Very nice.

Welcome to the Lounge

Kirk H.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy