Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

jkingrph

Practically Family
P1000912.jpg

P1000909.jpg

P1000910.jpg

from a guy at the pub, stone stinkin' mint, cosmoline in the barrel - no spare mag or box or case - but Hey for $400:eek:

MP

Fantastic find. I paid way more than that for one 25 years ago, new. It has since been customized by Cylinder and Slide, Bar-Sto match barrel C&S wide trigger which removes that awful magazine safety, extended slide release and safety,and finally the good part,, C&S cns machined sear and small rowell hammer which gives fantastic trigger pull.

If you never do anything else, get rid of the magazine safety. All it does is prevents the trigger from releasing the sear unless a magazine is seated. It has a large "shoe" which presses and slides on the front side of the magazine and contributes to a hard gritty feeling trigger pull. You can polish the front of that shoe and it helps a little.

Honestly I like to shoot the P-35 much more than any of my 1911's!!

MikePotts

Practically Family
Yeah, I know how to remove the mag. safety and if I was going to carry it or use it on the range I would do that and also change the manual safety lever for an extended one as it's hard to take 'off' right now. I think that this one's too 'nice' to mess with though - too nice for me period really! , I'm not a collector and while I love P35's, and this one's a 1975 gun which is when I carried one in earnest for a while, I'll probably end up trying to find a more beat up one and get some 'boot' after I've slept with it some more.
I noticed you on the "NOT" board jkingrph, I post there as 'Waterman'

Best, MP

The Private Eye

Familiar Face
This is not a range gun... So I assume weight of trigger pull is the last thing you would notice if you need to use it.
Pulling the trigger on the LCP could be indeed painful but as a small firearm I'd say there was no reason of shooting this gun for extended periods, so...

Kirk H.

One Too Many
This is not a range gun... So I assume weight of trigger pull is the last thing you would notice if you need to use it.
Pulling the trigger on the LCP could be indeed painful but as a small firearm I'd say there was no reason of shooting this gun for extended periods, so...

They are great little pistols and very accurate. I have to qualify with mine annually on a 50 round course all the way out to 25 yards including six rounds fired from the prone at 25 yards. It is a great pocket pistol for the summer months. I have also picked up the LC9 and that is a nice little pocket 9 too.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Actually trigger pull is definitely the thing you need to get used to with the LCP when you're used to shooting pistols with a much lighter pull.

MP

MikePotts

Practically Family
Yet another heater !

I was tempted.............and fell:

P1000915.jpg

Springfield, trigger, sights, ramp etc. tricked out by Alex Hamilton. The only thing I don't love is the 'look' of the trigger, I'm more of a short or medium without the ventilation, how much d'ya think it would cost to change that?.....Renault?

.............No more hats for me for a while :eek:

MP

MikePotts

Practically Family
Many thanks Private Eye, this should be a little simpler than most Walthers, I'm thinking about 1 hour labour plus the part. (I hope) :eek:

MP

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I was tempted.............and fell:

P1000915.jpg

Springfield, trigger, sights, ramp etc. tricked out by Alex Hamilton. The only thing I don't love is the 'look' of the trigger, I'm more of a short or medium without the ventilation, how much d'ya think it would cost to change that?.....Renault?

.............No more hats for me for a while :eek:

MP

Very nice.

jkingrph

Practically Family
how much d'ya think it would cost to change that

Not much, Get a Brownell's catalog or go online to their site and get the trigger you want. Install it yourself, it's really rather simple, and should not take much over 30-45 minutes. I'm no expert but have done a few, just fit the trigger to the gun and not vice-versa.

The 1911 is one of the simplest guns for the gunsmithing neophyte to work on out there.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Here's my latest, an H&R M1 Garand. This was a CMP Service Grade H&R, which I just received from CMP about ten days ago. It has an H&R receiver, barrel, stock and rear sight. The bolt, operating rod and trigger group are all Springfield Armory marked. I just took it to the range today and put my first 24 rounds through it, and I'm very pleased with the way it shoots. Maybe now I won't be dead last anymore in the CMP shoots at my club! :D
Picture049a.jpg

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
You got me looking for them now! lol. I found this on another forum while searching
standard.jpg
.577 Boxer revolver!

still hunting for a modern made howdah-style pistol that fires shells... I know they're out there, but frequently people confuse them with type II "sawed-off" shotguns...
I found it! OK, not really what I was looking for, but similar [at least I'm in the neighborhood]
lg0000011933_A_1295515283.jpg
pix1562338265.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

These are Cobray/Leinad (so I was told), both in .45LC/.410 shotshell... they're considered "pistols"since they have rifled barrels, but so far I don't find any of decent craftsmanship... and I would really like it to have bullets (rifle capable, not just slugs... perhaps matching the rifle as a type of short-range companion for which one need not carry excess ammo) :confused: and more importantly, TRIGGER GUARDS! oh well..[huh]

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Just for some kicks 'n giggles

[video=youtube;BWO-EzoIbSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=BWO-EzoIbSs&NR=1[/video]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters