Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Here are a couple of quick shots of my 1927a1, I'll post some better photos when I get a chance to set up for the photo shoot.

Thompson-01.jpg

Thompson-02.jpg

I'll post a full range report when I get a chance to get to the range.

Vernon

That looks great. Let us know how it shoots. Enjoy.

Kirk H.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here are a couple of quick shots of my 1927a1, I'll post some better photos when I get a chance to set up for the photo shoot.

Thompson-01.jpg

Thompson-02.jpg

I'll post a full range report when I get a chance to get to the range.

Vernon
That doesn't look like a violin case to me!

vedearduff

New in Town
No, it's not a violin case. I know where I can get one once I've converted into an SBR though.

I found a web site that has the results of a FOIA request. The PDF contains documentation for the FBI SMG case. This is the hard case the FBI used for many of their Thompsons. The PDF includes the request for bid (along with drawings, dimensions, and a materials list) and the approval letter (signed by J Edgar himself) for funding of the winning bid.

I plan on building a copy of this case. I may end up building two cases, one for the rifle as it is now and one for the SBR after the conversion (after the approval comes back).

Cheers.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
It's a 7.63 unfortunately, so i can't use it Zoot Shooting. Parts gun that actually shoots decently, the new Prvi ammo is pretty good stuff. There's also a 3rd Model HE in .44 Special and a 4" M&P that might see some use.

Last edited:

vedearduff

New in Town
I finally had a chance to get to the range today. I only had time to put 100 rounds through the Thompson, but it functioned flawlessly. Not one jam or failure of any type.

The only problem, if you can call it a problem, is that it shoots about 10 inches low at 25 yards (folding sight down). At 100 yards, I was able to regularly pick off pieces of clay birds that had been left on the backstop.

I only used the stick mag, I didn't take the time to load the drum.

I hope to get to the range again this weekend and should have more time then.

Vernon

Renault

One Too Many
Thanks Renault. I'm on the lookout for a T grip for the 1917, got any extras?

Wish I did, got a 1917 myself! I mentioned I was looking for an older N frame Tgrip to one of the regular gun wholesalers that come in the shop. Two weeks later he laid a NOS Tyler-T on my bench and said "You owe me ten bucks....." Heck yeah! I about ripped the pocker off my trousers gettin' to my wallet!

R

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Wish I did, got a 1917 myself! I mentioned I was looking for an older N frame Tgrip to one of the regular gun wholesalers that come in the shop. Two weeks later he laid a NOS Tyler-T on my bench and said "You owe me ten bucks....." Heck yeah! I about ripped the pocker off my trousers gettin' to my wallet!

R

I hear that! I would have too!

Insp. Bumstead

New in Town
Hello all

I really admire the themed collections in this thread. It's nice to have a place to talk about guns without seeing black plastic everywhere. I personally am not much of a collector; whether it's hats or guns or any other hobby I don't like having a lot of *stuff* laying around so I go for high versatility items. That's why I own a S&W Model 19-2:
IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Shooting close or far, big or small, the .357 magnum can do everything. And the M19 is light enough to carry, heavy enough to soak up the recoil. It sits low in the hand and points like my finger. I think it's almost the perfect handgun.

The other one I own is modern production, but vintage-style I guess, a CZ 452 .22 rifle. The little white dot in the middle is the 100-yard gong:
100ydgong.jpg

It's pretty fun to press the trigger, work the bolt, and hear the PING! after a significant delay.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24