Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

DesertDan

One Too Many
It is a combo gun made from a Thompson M1A1 (top) and Remington 870 12 ga. (bottom). It was originally designed as a prop for the movie Aliens. There was a company that produced functional replicas. But Maltese would have to tell us if his is one of those or one he built/commissioned himself.

Here is a non-functioning replica that is built with authentic parts which details the components and construction process pretty nicely. http://www.tk560.com/m41a.html

Oldsarge

One Too Many
'Sfunny. I used to know a guy who was an airborne Ranger, SF guy. Not much got to him. But one drill I told him about "The Ghost in the Darkness". Next month he told me he'd rented it for the family. He and his GF were on the couch and her kids were sprawled all over the floor . . . in the beginning. Within ten or fifteen minutes, he said, the GF was wrapped around his neck and the kids were in their laps. "Scariest f******n' movie I ever watched!":D

Maltese

One of the Regulars
It is a combo gun made from a Thompson M1A1 (top) and Remington 870 12 ga. (bottom). It was originally designed as a prop for the movie Aliens. There was a company that produced functional replicas. But Maltese would have to tell us if his is one of those or one he built/commissioned himself.

Here is a non-functioning replica that is built with authentic parts which details the components and construction process pretty nicely. http://www.tk560.com/m41a.html

Well I can tell you blending several real world gun components takes a skill that not many have its an art .
Thats basically a resin airsoft pulse rifle with some metal mixed in .They are nice i have had them in the past but nothing close to a real world pulse rifle .
Mine does every but fire bullets :) The originals fired blanks some were static props made of resin . This was a custom build that took around 6 months . You could not imagine how much machining goes into one of these and how precise the parts have to be .

This was made by a professional gun smith / prop maker . No company to my knowledge made real world pulse rifles that were licensed .
all are done by commission. I only know one artist who makes these now. Some of the parts are very hard to find . Much more difficult then one oft he airsoft models . No glue holding this beast together :) Its was a dream of mine to own one these . I consider it the nicest ever made. Not until recently could you get the shrouds in aluminum . A replica company made the first licensed pulse rifle and molded the shrouds off the orginal gun they own .
So first thing you have to do is find one of those and gut it for the shrouds. That in its own right is a lot of work as these were made not to come apart lol . They run around 750-1000 It just goes up from there . Try and source a Thompson submachine gun for parts they are very expensive and from what i hear now whats out there is it for parts .

Last edited:

Oldsarge

One Too Many
You'd have to be a Space Marine to be strong enough to carry it in combat anyway. Another funny: A few years back DARPA was working on an all-purpose infantry rifle. It was to fire 5.56 ammo, single and burst, and be able to throw 40mm grenades. The piece de la resistance, though, was it was to be totally digital. As soon as I heard that I knew it would never go. In battle reliability is everything and I could just imagine some poor doggy in the midst of a firefight keying in his piece only to have the screen light up with a rude little green box saying, "We're sorry. Weaponry for Windows had discovered an error and is shutting down. Please reboot and try again." Funny thing, while the combination gun was a go the digital sights faded away.

Maltese

One of the Regulars
You'd have to be a Space Marine to be strong enough to carry it in combat anyway. Another funny: A few years back DARPA was working on an all-purpose infantry rifle. It was to fire 5.56 ammo, single and burst, and be able to throw 40mm grenades. The piece de la resistance, though, was it was to be totally digital. As soon as I heard that I knew it would never go. In battle reliability is everything and I could just imagine some poor doggy in the midst of a firefight keying in his piece only to have the screen light up with a rude little green box saying, "We're sorry. Weaponry for Windows had discovered an error and is shutting down. Please reboot and try again." Funny thing, while the combination gun was a go the digital sights faded away.

Your right they gave it a go but its WAY to heavy to run around with on a battlefield . Just holding it up right in the firing position takes a lot of strength and trust me it starts to lower quick lol . You could just drop it on the enemy and kill them :)

Oldsarge

One Too Many
That's the trouble with Pentagon procurement. Everything has to be gold-plated. It's the main drawback of the F-35. "One plane to rule them all . . . " Horsefeathers! There's no one to use it on and it would be cheaper by far to just upgrade our current arsenal the way they have the B-52. Heck, the A-10 is projected to be still in service in 2030 and probably after that!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
That's the trouble with Pentagon procurement. Everything has to be gold-plated. It's the main drawback of the F-35. "One plane to rule them all . . . " Horsefeathers! There's no one to use it on and it would be cheaper by far to just upgrade our current arsenal the way they have the B-52. Heck, the A-10 is projected to be still in service in 2030 and probably after that!

Yep, the F-35 seems to be going the route of other expensive compromises built by committees (the Bradly, the littoral combat ship...).

Renault

One Too Many
Ok that's cool. I'm all for everyone fulfilling their dreams! If it gives you joy and satisfaction then mission accomplished! That's the bottom line! :) I just didn't know what the heck it was.

On a side note, we recently worked on a bunch of the "guns" used in the up coming (mebbe already here) "Machete II". And I gotta say, didn't know what they were suppose to be either.

Anybody remember the toy gun Marx made back in the day! Something about monkey division Johnny something OMA! Like 27 guns in one!

Last edited:

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Yep, the F-35 seems to be going the route of other expensive compromises built by committees (the Bradly, the littoral combat ship...).

Damned good thing we don't have any industrial opponents on the horizon. The Chinese will never pick a fight with us because they've too much money tied up in U.S. bonds. Besides, why pick a fight with your biggest customer? Now if we could just get out of the habit of sticking our noses in the Middle East, just think of all the money we could save!

Maltese

One of the Regulars
Ok that's cool. I'm all for everyone fulfilling their dreams! If it gives you joy and satisfaction then mission accomplished! That's the bottom line! :) I just didn't know what the heck it was.

On a side note, we recently worked on a bunch of the "guns" used in the up coming (mebbe already here) "Machete II". And I gotta say, didn't know what they were suppose to be either.
Anybody remember the toy gun Marx made back in the day! Something about monkey division Johnny something OMA! Like 27 guns in one!

It does thanks . Everyone has certain items they collect that do it for them. Guess sort of my parents fault for buying a house next to a theater when I was a kid lol.

Oh, I like these threads. I have mostly WW1 stuff, but this really is the only thing from my collection worth mentioning. Legally owned, of course. Though not for long. I'm selling all of it.

musr1_zps3ca05f46.jpg

musr2_zpsc1ae9f60.jpg

Renault

One Too Many
where can i get one !

I remember the kid next door had one when we was growing up. He also had the tripod mounted Maxim gun with the reciprocating flash suppressor. Now, I coveted that Maxim!!!

Years ago a WWII reenactor showed up at an even with such a Mauser. But his had one main issue with the legalities as in lack of a certain stamp. LOL.

Stuff stills walks in the shop from out there in the bush. I have personally seen one Chauchat and a Beretta M38 walk in. That was just in the last year!!!!

He said it was legal and it's on the C&R list so... what's the hubbub, Bub?

It's legal, yeah. No worries. I'm getting rid of it because... I don't know, it's hard to explain. Those things belongs to another time, to someone else. It's silly, I know, but that's how I feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav