Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Won't work. 30-30 is a rimmed case. 32 Remington is not. (I bet you're thinking of 32 Winchester Special, sarge! You can make them from 30-30 cases).

I can't remember but I think you will havta use 35 Remington to form your 32 Remington cases. As they are all rimless cartridges. Hopefully it's not 30 Remington's you havta use as those cases are virtually non-existent since the advent of the 6.8 SPC.

Ah! That's what I get for posting without looking things up. Thanx.

freakazoid

Familiar Face
Here is a picture of my Mauser HSc I had picked up at a gunshow.
DSC07318_zps0c2bb227.jpg

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I can never remember what I've shown y'all and what I haven't. If I've posted this before, please forgive me. It's the peak of deer season here in Eastern N.C., so I've dragged out the lever actions. Here's a photo of my two .30-30s. On the left is a 1949 model 336. On the right is a 1962 model 94. Both of these old girls have been hunting whitetails a lot longer than have I.

DSCN1512_zps7c5a2ff8.jpg

AF

Oldsarge

One Too Many
My only gripe about the Hi-Power is that it fires the 9mm. Now with today's ammunition that is possibly less an issue than it was in the past but I just don't feel confident with that round. I want 10mm at minimum and really prefer a .45 for serious social shootin'. Now if it is possible to do a swap-out barrel/magazine replacement for 10mm, it would indeed be my favorite semiauto.

Landman

One Too Many
Atticus, beautiful lever guns. The Model 94 is one of my all time favorite rifles. I have several of them I have collected over the years in 30-30 and 32 Winchester Special. My oldest one was made in 1926. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them.

Mike, beautiful Hi-Power! The blueing on those older Hi-Powers is incredible. I have a T-Series Hi-Power made in 1969 that I found at an estate sale. It was still in it's Browning pouch with the manual and looks like it has never been shot. I need to take some pictures of it and my 94's for this thread.

Landman

One Too Many
Here is another Argentina pistol. This is a Colt Sistema made in 1950. The blueing on this pistol is beautiful. Argentina had great taste in pistols...Colt 1911-A1's and Browning Hi-Powers.

ColtSistema_1950_300_zps898f744b.jpg

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Atticus, beautiful lever guns. The Model 94 is one of my all time favorite rifles. I have several of them I have collected over the years in 30-30 and 32 Winchester Special. My oldest one was made in 1926. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them.

Thank you. For a long time the model '94 was my only .30-30. I bought it from a retired game warden and hunted with it for years until someone told me it was collectable and I ought not to wade around in briar swamps with it. Even then, I didn't totally retire the '94, but I did begin looking for another vintage lever gun and happened on the 336. I think I like the Marlin better because it just feels like more gun. It’s still short enough to come in and out of the truck easily, but it’s "heftier" and more stable than the Winchester. Also, it seems to handle 170 grain rounds better than does the '94.

AF

kampkatz

Practically Family
Thanks for the 30/30 pics, Atticus. My 336 is about 40 years old and seems to like 150 grain bullets. Just iron sights like yours. Buck season beginsthe Monday after Thanskgiving and goes for 2 weeks here. Happy hunting.:)

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I think both the '94 and the 336 shoot 150 grain rounds better than 170s...at least for most shooting situations. But my 336 seems to do better with 170s than does my '94. I like to use the 170's earlier in the season when shooting lanes are shorter and the brush is thicker. Of course, when I'm up a deer stand at the edge of a big bean field, I don't use either gun. I use my BAR chambered in .270 Win.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner