Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Levallois

Practically Family
Been busy of late. Colt model 1905 in 45 acp but not the 45 acp you shoot in your 1911. Colt's first 45 cal handgun - they only made around 6000. This one went to the Copper Queen Mine in Arizona in 1907. Was period engraved at some point as well.

6c3247cad0a1abd062f5eb75b159894e.jpg
[/IMG]

Levallois

Practically Family
Webley 38 automatic. Shoots 38acp - same as the 1902 and 1903 Colt Hammer autos. They only made about 900 of these. Popular with some officers in the Great War including Field Marshall Haig. Sold by the Birmingham Gun Guild to unknown in 1914. I'd like to think it went to France with an officer but I have no proof. Period holster as well.

9e10232a12ce3d424b6ecb30b998a53b.jpg
[/IMG]

26c3f6aed7aed719170f0f9e2f1a3312.jpg
[/IMG]

Levallois

Practically Family
Webley 1907 25acp. Remarkably accurate at 7 yards or less considering the cartridge and the fact it has no sights. Made about 50,000 and they were very popular with the gentry of the time. Carried in the vest pocket to handle any ruffians after the theater or opera.

cefd36325ed01da9948f9a7552819349.jpg
[/IMG]

Levallois

Practically Family
Thanks Mike. It's a favorite of mine too.

Also obtained recently is a Cogswell and Harrison double rifle in 375 flanged caliber. Dates to pre-1930s.

untitled1.png
[/IMG]

Levallois

Practically Family
And finally Webley Mk I .455 self-loading. Looks like the 38acp accept it's bigger. .455 auto cartridge looks a lot like 45acp but they don't interchange. Cartridge is next to impossible to find. Here with WWI trench knife and Pith helmet. Ok, so you wouldn't see such a combo on the battlefield but this photo is "art." Meaning out of out of touch with reality.

P1000327.jpg
[/IMG]

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
...Webley Mk I .455 self-loading...WWI trench knife and Pith helmet. Ok, so you wouldn't see such a combo on the battlefield but this photo is "art." Meaning out of out of touch with reality.

Sure makes me want to write a story set in the 1920s or '30s, though. Maybe picking up where the ill-fated "Biggles" television pilot left off...

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
This was my baby when I decided I wanted to be a Bounty Hunter..needless to say I was burnt out after 2 yrs. I just couldn't justify risking my life for lowlifes anymore,,my brother has been an officer for 25 yrs until 3 yrs ago and I fully respect each and everyone that take on the protector position when there are so many idiots out there these days,,I pray for all and Thank them everyday!! :) I am now in the market for something that will fit in my purse, or maybe I should just get another one of these and wear it on my side again,:)

GUN.jpg

Captain Nemo

Familiar Face
Been busy of late. Colt model 1905 in 45 acp but not the 45 acp you shoot in your 1911. Colt's first 45 cal handgun - they only made around 6000. This one went to the Copper Queen Mine in Arizona in 1907. Was period engraved at some point as well.

6c3247cad0a1abd062f5eb75b159894e.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow! You have an awesome collection!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Which is weird because there aren't a lot of forests in Afghanistan.

That's what I always imagined. However, it appears that provinces such as Kunar and Nuristan are heavily forested. The area is the centre of the illegal logging trade (over the border into Pakistan) which plays a significant role, I believe, in funding the insurgency.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Wow some thread history here. Yes Pine of some sort is common. So is some variety of Eucalyptus. Of which I've secured some pieces from a tree on the compound here that will eventually become grips for my .45

Matt

rjb1

Practically Family
Agree that someone needs to write a story about the combination of the Webley auto, the pith helmet, and the trench knife. About a British officer in Colonial Service during the Great War, trench knife sent to him by a US officer friend he made while on duty with the British ambassador in Washington, pre-war.
Intrigue against the Germans in East Africa? Origins of James Bond?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner