Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Nice new gats everyone - well done indeed.

Here's one I bought from a friend yesterday, forgive the bad pics., I don't seem to be able to find good light this evening.

P1010607_zps663327e7.jpg

P1010606_zps2c1a4255.jpg

It's the 'Lightweight' model and that rear sight has GOT TO GO!

Hat Tip to Renault and Landman for the pre-purchase advice.

Very Nice!!!!

Kirk

Landman

One Too Many
Kirk, great looking revolvers!

Levallois, beautiful old Colts!

Mike, great looking Commander! Everything appears to be all original except for the sights. I don't think that rear sight dovetail has been milled out so it shouldn't be too difficult to put some original sights back on it...if that is what you prefer. Congratulations, that was a great buy.

jkingrph

Practically Family
No pics, but I just finished assembling my latest. It's a little fun gun a Ruger 10/22 International. I found a very nice stock on eBay, the purchased one of the 50th anniversary receivers, a Tactical Innovations CNC milled trigger housing with a Kidd trigger installed. The bolt is also a Kidd unit. I added a Power Custom extended magazine release( looks sort of like the lever on a Ruger #1 single shot) and topped it off with a Leupold 2x7 Rimfire scope in qd mounts.
Some years back I had a stainless 10/22 and gradually upgraded and transformed it. I found some closeout items at Midway and picked up a 24" stainless sporter conture barrel, a very nice Fajan stock, walnut with shadowline cheekpiece, ebony forend tip, and a checkered steel Nieder style buttlate and grip cap, and inletted sling swivel bases. I had previously did some bolt work smoothing things up and also upgraded the trigger and trigger housing the same as the little international.

As soon as we start to get some consistently cooler daytime temps I am taking them out for a trial run.

Renault

One Too Many
This walked in this morning. Should be headed home with me tomorrow. Along with another Model 12 Winchester! ;)

Haven't had opportunity to look up SN yet. May be WWI era! 5" 38 Spl. With jigged bone grips.

rjb1

Practically Family
Tell us more about the old S&W, including date. Those are my favorite firearms.
My last purchase of one of those was an M&P made in ~1907 (when Teddy Roosevelt was in office).
I especially like the 5 in. ones.

Renault

One Too Many
Oh it's a shooter.

rjb1,

It's a 4th variation model 1905, looks like serial number range will fall in the early to mid '20's. Will look it up when I get to work tomorrow.

Pompier! Mon ami! You really don't wanna work where I do! :). The new model 12 is 1934 vintage. And it has a useless vintage recoil pad. Usually do not buy guns with pads, but it fits so nice. I'll replace it with a new decellerator pad first chance I get. Now I gotta post a pice of the 12's. I see it and myself chasing pheasants in about 2 weeks!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
You bet you can shoot those old S&Ws! I have it's cousin, made in 1906, and can still hit bowling pins at 50 yards with it [I have witnesses]. Those grips are magnificent!

Renault

One Too Many
Yeah Deacon, it was the grips that sold it! I was wanting another .38 Spl as I didn't have one anymore. Used the last one I had as trade bait. It didn't mean a whole lot to me and I knew a nice vintage one would show up someday. It's really gonna look good in a double loop holster when I pack it at the ranch! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner