Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
This walked in this morning. Should be headed home with me tomorrow. Along with another Model 12 Winchester! ;)

Haven't had opportunity to look up SN yet. May be WWI era! 5" 38 Spl. With jigged bone grips.

Oh man is that beautiful!!! Bob ,I could not have your job or I would be broke. Nice find>

Kirk

Renault

One Too Many
Yeah Kirk, that's prolly why after consideration tonight I had one of them "what do you think you are doing" moments. I'm gonna let the model 12 go and just get the Smith. I don't need another 12 ga. full choke gun. Just take up the space in the safe I was reserving for that Oberndorf "A" sporter in 7 x 57 that's going to waltz in. :D still holding my breath.

Maltese

One of the Regulars
How about we have a little trivia mix things up a little . I won't tell you what movie this gun was used in but I left you a small hint with vintage perfume bottle
also used in the same film . :D DSC05428.JPG

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
AF, I am with Renault. That Smith & Wesson 1917 is nice. How long have you had it and how does it shoot?

Kirk

Kirk, that old .45 belonged to my father and I think he bought it through the mail sometime in the early 'fifties. I know its been in the family for as long as I can remember. As to how it shoots, well that's a good question. You see, I may be the absolute worst pistol shooter in the entire universe. In fact, if I were shooting at you with a pistol, the safest place you could be is directly in front of me. I can say this, though. I can miss a large, close target as well with that .45 as any pistol I've ever shot.

AF

Renault

One Too Many
Well this just in.

Got into that old Smith today and did a complete strip down. Clean and check. Nice revolver but not up to my personal standards,,,,,,, just had some vibes. Learned to trust my instincts.

So,,,, yup I brought home the Model 12! I just couldn't resist it. So now I gotta post a family pic of all the 12's. Watch for pic. ;)

Maltese

One of the Regulars
Well this just in.

Got into that old Smith today and did a complete strip down. Clean and check. Nice revolver but not up to my personal standards,,,,,,, just had some vibes. Learned to trust my instincts.

So,,,, yup I brought home the Model 12! I just couldn't resist it. So now I gotta post a family pic of all the 12's. Watch for pic. ;)

Do you intend to use it during this years Purge ?

rjb1

Practically Family
Was there something in particular wrong with the old S&W? The only "negative" I saw was the non-factory grips. Other than that it looked like it had some real character - the type that I like.

Renault

One Too Many
Not really. Some timing issues, but hey on a gun its age they are to be expected. I'm not much of a handgun person. Overall I was nice, and a good gun. Just I get un-excited about handguns real easy.

I get more use out of long guns. Just a preference thing.

rjb1

Practically Family
We're the other way around from each other. I like rifles all right, but since I'm very right-handed and very left-eye dominant it always seems to a bit awkward to shoot a rifle. I do it, but there's always a bit of trouble involved.
For pistol shooting that didn't matter so much.
In either case, my eyes are getting bad enough that I tend to buy stuff (pistols mostly) more for historical and technical reasons than for serious shooting.

Levallois

Practically Family
All the pre-1911 Colt semi-autos together at last

c1e880881b8774ee24511b7afa18ab39.jpg
[/IMG].

From left to right Colt 1905 .45ac shipped to Phelps Dodge Bisbee AZ in 1907; Colt 1903 38 auto shipped January 12 1904 to New Orleans (157 one made); Colt 1903 .38 auto circa 1913; Colt 1902 Military .38 auto shipped to London in 1904; and Colt 1902 Sporting .38 auto circa 1904

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner