Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Thanks MP. Yes(the Python was sent to Colt & the Paraordnance & Browning by an engraver in KY),the other Revolvers were done by a well known engraver and great friend that had a shop nearby until his death around 10 years ago.
HD

Those are some beautiful examples of proper BBQ guns! Do you have the leather to match them?

Nothing extra fancy in leather,DD. Just well made holsters by various makers. I've carried & used most of my engraved guns. Just enjoy the artful appearance of good engraving as well as a little custom action work,etc for better performance. I used to shoot on a regular basis which was always quite fun.
HD

plain old dave

A-List Customer
32202.jpg

This is the gun they won't let the police have. It'll shoot right through a man, son.

C. 1925 vintage Smith and Wesson Military and Police .32-20. Nice bore, and the color case is still brilliant on the hammer behind the lockplate.

Bugguy

Practically Family
I just pulled my early-WWII vintage P-38 out of the vault. My father took it off an officer and they let him take it home. I still have the authorization paper. That was really a different time. I've fired this twice; before that it could have been just test fired.

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

frussell

One Too Many
That S&W .44 posted earlier brings back good memories. My dad wanted to get me a new gun for my 18th, and was surprised when I asked for a long barreled, stainless .44 magnum. It was a beauty, and a blast to shoot. I got an idea of the power when shooting at some targets mounted on hay bales. I heard the bullet pass through, and heard it go through a wood barn, and keep whining on its way for about three more seconds. I was terrified I had killed every neighbor, cow and horse for miles, until we found the bullet at the end of a long trench in the dirt, very far from where I shot it, several hundred yards from the exit wound on the barn. Sold it when I moved to CA for rent money, should have kept it and lived out of my car. Frank
P.S. - yes, I know, terrible gun safety, and my dad taught me better, but teenage boys do dumb stuff when there's pretty girls around. The girl I let shoot it next had it fly right out of her hand. She needed a lot of consoling.

Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many
And now for something completely different,,,,

Thought some of you might like to see my collection of "folk art" (smirk) shotgun plugs I e removed from the magazine tubes of shotguns! Some are a bit interesting. Others show the desperation of the Hunter seeing the approach of the local game officer! :D

Bugguy

Practically Family
Thanks Renault. I think I lost the #$%@^ key to the trigger lock. When the big one hits, I'll be holding the barrel and beating them with the grip.

Renault

One Too Many
They are extremely easy to remove! I do it for people all the time.

The long knobby end opposite the key way. Well take a hack saw and cut that end off. Tap the brass piece that's now exposed out with a good punch. Won't take much. And you knock the remaining bits of the lock right out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner