Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I just pulled my early-WWII vintage P-38 out of the vault. My father took it off an officer and they let him take it home. I still have the authorization paper. That was really a different time. I've fired this twice; before that it could have been just test fired.

View attachment 19662

View attachment 19663

My Dad was given a P38 by a grateful paratrooper. Unfortunately, an MP liberated it while my dad was headed home!

Renault

One Too Many
E
[video=youtube;G0H_5PSNokk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0H_5PSNokk[/video]

Grandpa Marvin had a second model smith hand ejector in 32-20. Loaned it to a friend. Friend took it back alley poker game. Friend used said gun to off participant in game. Friend met ol' Sparkey at Huntsville. Grandpa Marvin went to see sheriff for his gun. Sheriff said "sure Marvin, got it right here in my desk".

Just another old story from prohibition era Austin Tx.

ranger4-7

New in Town
A few from a long time lurker

So admittedly, it has taken me quite some time to post for the first time. I thoroughly enjoy the Lounge, and have learned so much from the members, over the years. I figured it was time to contribute, so here goes a few shots of a portion of my collection.

Uberti clones of the Winchester 1873 Rifle and of 1875 Remington pistol
RiflePistol.jpg

Remington Rand 1911A1 and Springfield Armory M1 Garand
March2009084.jpg

Remington M1903. 1941 production with mostly Remington parts.
Remington1903_zps4a75aca5.jpg

Springfield Armory M1. 1945 production
SpringfieldM1_zpsb535aebc.jpg

Inland M1 Carbine
InlandCarbine2_zpsc5e2f234.jpg

Harrington and Richardson M1 Garand. 1955 vintage
HRAGarand2_zps9c293cbf.jpg

Armscorp M14 (Pre-ban for thse of us still stuck in states where it matters).
ArmscorpM14_zpsc27d1438.jpg

Winchester Model 70 in .30-06. 1951 vintage
Model70_zpsd6e6439d.jpg

Transferrable Swedish M45 9mm SMG (built on a Wilson tube)
SwedishK_zps70821e85.jpg

Transferrable M16 (Sendra receiver)
DSC_0219.jpg

Now its time to see if I can post some pictures of jackets, hats and boots!

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Renault

One Too Many
Very nice Ranger!!!!!
Agreed! Museum there!!!!

Sarge,
About 1981 we received a shipment of over 300 Official Police's. Best I remember they were from J & G out in Prescott and I believe they were old Pennsylvania HP revolvers. I don't remember. Destroyed several brain cells since then. But I did buy little sis one, and I believe she still has it!

Picard1138

One of the Regulars
That S&W .44 posted earlier brings back good memories. My dad wanted to get me a new gun for my 18th, and was surprised when I asked for a long barreled, stainless .44 magnum. It was a beauty, and a blast to shoot. I got an idea of the power when shooting at some targets mounted on hay bales. I heard the bullet pass through, and heard it go through a wood barn, and keep whining on its way for about three more seconds. I was terrified I had killed every neighbor, cow and horse for miles, until we found the bullet at the end of a long trench in the dirt, very far from where I shot it, several hundred yards from the exit wound on the barn. Sold it when I moved to CA for rent money, should have kept it and lived out of my car. Frank
P.S. - yes, I know, terrible gun safety, and my dad taught me better, but teenage boys do dumb stuff when there's pretty girls around. The girl I let shoot it next had it fly right out of her hand. She needed a lot of consoling.

Great story. We all do dumb stuff, hopefully fewer or no dumb things with firearms. I shot off my .22 at a stone fence once in the backyard of my parents house. Our neighbors were only about 50 yards away on every side, so no backstop other than the stone and a little bit of dirt. Next door neighbor came out and started yelling about us letting off fireworks, I rolled over onto the rifle and pretended to stash fireworks into my pocket, hoping he didn't notice the pile of debris from the stone fence, all the while my buddy had turned and booked it home. Fun but dumb times.

Maltese

One of the Regulars
So admittedly, it has taken me quite some time to post for the first time. I thoroughly enjoy the Lounge, and have learned so much from the members, over the years. I figured it was time to contribute, so here goes a few shots of a portion of my collection.

Uberti clones of the Winchester 1873 Rifle and of 1875 Remington pistol
RiflePistol.jpg

Remington Rand 1911A1 and Springfield Armory M1 Garand
March2009084.jpg

Remington M1903. 1941 production with mostly Remington parts.
Remington1903_zps4a75aca5.jpg

Springfield Armory M1. 1945 production
SpringfieldM1_zpsb535aebc.jpg

Inland M1 Carbine
InlandCarbine2_zpsc5e2f234.jpg

Harrington and Richardson M1 Garand. 1955 vintage
HRAGarand2_zps9c293cbf.jpg

Armscorp M14 (Pre-ban for thse of us still stuck in states where it matters).
ArmscorpM14_zpsc27d1438.jpg

Winchester Model 70 in .30-06. 1951 vintage
Model70_zpsd6e6439d.jpg

Transferrable Swedish M45 9mm SMG (built on a Wilson tube)
SwedishK_zps70821e85.jpg

Transferrable M16 (Sendra receiver)
DSC_0219.jpg

Now its time to see if I can post some pictures of jackets, hats and boots!

Thanks for looking,

Chris

That M-16 is a beauty ! You must have had that for a while with all the ridiculous Bans in MA.

ranger4-7

New in Town
That M-16 is a beauty ! You must have had that for a while with all the ridiculous Bans in MA.

Only about 5 years. Surprisingly, with all of the ridiculous restrictions in MA, machine guns are permitted. We just need a separate license, which (not surprisingly) many chiefs don’t issue. If you are in Boston proper, then you certainly have experienced the worst of our gun ownership laws :-(

Maltese

One of the Regulars
Right but they have to be a certain length and that flash hider and barrel are way to short and its a adjustable stock ?
So is that a fully auto or a just a semi only? Just saying its still has the bayonet lug to I mean those were banned like what 1990 in mass?
Unless you have a collectors license to buy fully auto but I looked into that you need a safe thats like the size of a small town along with a bunch of other ridiculous requirements .

ranger4-7

New in Town
Right but they have to be a certain length and that flash hider and barrel are way to short and its a adjustable stock ?
So is that a fully auto or a just a semi only? Just saying its still has the bayonet lug to I mean those were banned like what 1990 in mass?
Unless you have a collectors license to buy fully auto but I looked into that you need a safe thats like the size of a small town along with a bunch of other ridiculous requirements .

It is full auto (as is the Swedish K), and therefore most definitely pre-ban. Federal law enacted in 1986 prohibited the manufacture of any new machine guns that would be available for sale to civilians. Any made after that point could only be owned by law enforcement agencies of those licensed to manufacture or sell machine guns. In MA, a Curio and Relic FFL is the most commonly used means of identifying oneself as a "bona Fide" collector which is a requirement for getting the machine gun license in MA. No special safe requirements, outside of what one would normally do for a firearm.

Thanks,

Chris

Maltese

One of the Regulars
Chris I will go to my local PD and see if I can get a form for one or if they still offer them but
guess anything is possible . How much is the application ?

rjb1

Practically Family
I don't think it's the cost of the application form that will be the problem - it's that full-auto firearms are typically in the $15 - 20,000 range. (and up)

Maltese

One of the Regulars
I know they are costly but the reason I would personally be getting one would be for the Pre-Ban stuff as in the short barrels adjustable stocks
bayonet lugs etc basically the semi auto versions of these weapons but not the hideous looking PC versions they sell now ugh . I know the fee for a large capacity LTC is around 100 . I really would not be surprised if it was more you have no idea the sh** the currupt politicians in this joke of a state pull
on Taxpayers here. I passed on a unfired Colt government model M-4 mint in box years back
then the bans hit hard and it has haunted me ever since . It really was my dream gun . I left the hobby for several years out of disgust .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner