Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I didn't think anything unusual would happen today. I went to the coffee shop this morning, just like normal. But when I walked in, I saw an old flame there. And as soon as I laid my eyes on her, something deep inside told me things would never be the same. She's classic beauty with a wasp-thin waist and gently rounded shoulders. She's light as a feather and fits into my arms like she was always meant to be there. And she used to break my heart every time I saw her...because she used to belong to my best friend.

We had coffee together and laughed and chatted about old times. There were clearly still feelings between us. Then, without even asking ourselves if it would be a good idea, she followed me over to my office. As I write this, she's perched on my desk beside me...pretty as a picture. In fact, I've been admiring her beauty all morning. So I've made a decision. I can't live without her. I don't care about the consequences and I don't care who knows. At five o'clock this afternoon, she's coming home to live with me. Forever.

One of my best friends found this old A.H. Fox Sterlingworth almost two years ago and bought it for a song. I was green with envy when he showed it to me. I've always wanted a real Fox since I was a kid reading De Shootinest Gent'man and Nash Buckingham's other stories. Over the years I've owned a couple of Savage Fox double guns, but never a pure-bred Fox like Buckingham's Bo-Whoop.

Well, that changed this morning. Today my friend offered this old girl to me. Seems that he recently found another one to replace her...one with fewer blemishes on her skin and less wear around her cheeks. Well he can have his new high-maintenance strumpet. Heck yes, I want the A.H. Fox.

I bought her...no questions asked...right on the spot.

1ff99d6f-4f65-49e9-8616-74d2c5a16baa_zps309a84fc.jpg

1121141144a_zpsc59e5a6c.jpg

1121141143_zps2f19b64e.jpg

AF

Last edited:

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I didn't think anything unusual would happen today. I went to the coffee shop this morning, just like normal. But when I walked in, I saw an old flame there. And as soon as I laid my eyes on her, something deep inside told me things would never be the same. She's classic beauty with a wasp-thin waist and gently rounded shoulders. She's light as a feather and fits into my arms like she was always meant to be there. And she used to break my heart every time I saw her...because she used to belong to my best friend.

We had coffee together and laughed and chatted about old times. There were clearly still feelings between us. Then, without even asking ourselves if it would be a good idea, she followed me over to my office. As I write this, she's perched on my desk beside me...pretty as a picture. In fact, I've been admiring her beauty all morning. So I've made a decision. I can't live without her. I don't care about the consequences and I don't care who knows. At five o'clock this afternoon, she's coming home to live with me. Forever.

One of my best friends found this old A.H. Fox Sterlingworth almost two years ago and bought it for a song. I was green with envy when he showed it to me. I've always wanted a real Fox since I was a kid reading De Shootinest Gent'man and Nash Buckingham's other stories. Over the years I've owned a couple of Savage Fox double guns, but never a pure-bred Fox like Buckingham's Bo-Whoop.

Well, that changed this morning. Today my friend offered this old girl to me. Seems that he recently found another one to replace her...one with fewer blemishes on her skin and less wear around her cheeks. Well he can have his new high-maintenance strumpet. Heck yes, I want the A.H. Fox.

AF

Very nice....not bad for a mid life crisis ;)

MikePotts

Practically Family
Renault's great Uncle with his record pterodactyl.

Unfortunately it turned out to be the last one in existence :( - but it WAS a record!

Screen-Shot-2014-11-21-at-8_14_18-AM_zps36add834.png

That's him second from the left , front row, with the Win '94?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
While I'm posting about early 20th century long guns, here's two I inherited from my father. The top one is a rolling block Remington model 4 with an octagon barrel. The other is a Remington model 6. Both were known as "boy's rifles" which makes sense...Dad had both of them when he was a boy.

1224111317-1.jpg

AF

MikePotts

Practically Family
Yeah, thanks, I'm much happier with it now.

I wish I'd aligned those grip screws, for the photo at least, :( ......(it's a shotgunner thing)

Last edited:

Picard1138

One of the Regulars
Great find! I found my Sterlingworth sitting in the corner of a modern gun shop about 30 minutes from my home, unwanted by those that come to buy Glocks and AR-15s. She's now back in her home city of Philadelphia, and happily shooting clay pigeons on occasion.

-Max

AF

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Picked up another Pre Model 10 snubby. Everything, but the T-grip is original to the revolver. Judging from the serial number it is from late 1946 to early 1947.
20141125_212306_zps73cd30be.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran