Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Renault

One Too Many
Stearman,

I am not a fan of reloading my own cartridges. And I prefer cartridges easily obtainable for what I shoot if all possible. .303 falls in that catagory! But if I havta reload, I can either get oldest son to do it or I can at his shop. So the .35 WCF was next. But I would settle for a primo .30 USArmy too! Already have one in that cartridge, but I wouldn't sent a second one to the orphan's asylum!

MikePotts

Practically Family
Thanks Bob, my 'sporterised' Springfield has an '04 receiver' and an '05 RIA barrel and really likes the 220gr rounds, me..............not so much :(

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I reloaded for years, first for the savings and later for the 'need' to shoot odd ball cartridges. I loaded up so many that I probably have a lifetime supply. Maybe I need to go to the range more often . . .

plain old dave

A-List Customer
I generally don't keep much ammo loaded. I keep goodly amounts of supplies about, though.

Back to the topic, though, does anybody have an old Remington Model 12 or 14? John Pedersen made John Garand look normal. I have said before that John Pedersen was no part of a conventional firearms designer. Designed probably the best concealed carry selfloader ever invented (Remington Model 51), several snazzy reciprocating tube magazine slide action rifles (Remington Models 12, 14, 14 1/2, 25), perfected what became the Ithaca Model 37, and a gadget that turned the M1903 into a sort of "assault rifle" (the Pedersen Device)

Renault

One Too Many
Yeah what became the Ithaca 37 was the Remington Model 17. I have even used some 37 parts to repair some old 17's. Another you do not see to often is the Remington 31. And the very short lived Model 29 pump shotgun. Model 31's were nice.

Oh and who can forget the Model 10 pump? With the butterfly shell carrier/lifter. I tore down a barn Once with a well placed load of 8's into one rafter brace!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I reloaded for years, first for the savings and later for the 'need' to shoot odd ball cartridges. I loaded up so many that I probably have a lifetime supply. Maybe I need to go to the range more often . . .

I only reload black powder cartridges. 50-70, 45-120. I think I have a lifetime supply of 45-70 brass!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Stearman,

I am not a fan of reloading my own cartridges. And I prefer cartridges easily obtainable for what I shoot if all possible. .303 falls in that catagory! But if I havta reload, I can either get oldest son to do it or I can at his shop. So the .35 WCF was next. But I would settle for a primo .30 USArmy too! Already have one in that cartridge, but I wouldn't sent a second one to the orphan's asylum!

30-40 would make another fun Double Rifle. I have seen a couple, but pretty rare.

jkingrph

Practically Family

Sounds familiar. When I get a new cartridge, I get a minimum of 500 rounds of brass, a few a thousand or more, plus a supply of bullets. I probably have a lifetime supply of most, plus plenty of powder and primers. I gradually stocked up on 9.3x57 brass because the only thing available was Norma and it's rather pricey.

I started with the 6.5 Grendel in the AR 15 platform before the cartridge was SAAMI standardized, so I got a couple of thousand rounds of good IMI 7.62x39 brass and ran through the 6.5 Grendel sizer so I could load and fireform. At least this was a fairly easy conversion, the only difference being that the 7.62 brass uses a large rifle primer vs the small for the 6.5. I use standard loads backed down about 2 gr from min to fireform, the loads to be fireformed cycle my rifle and run through the magazine ok, only giving a little lower point of impact, so they are fine for fun shooting. Since I got all those the cartridge was standardized and there is plenty of commercial brass and even loaded ammo available.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
model12.jpg

Given it's 12/12, what better Golden Age shootin' iron to present than a Model 12? The classic Remington Model 12, this one from 1911.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran