Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
After hemming and hawing around about it I finally 'bit the bullet' and acquired a 7" S&W Model 41. It doesn't have a magazine but Midway is advertising factory replacements so I ordered a couple. I've wanted one of these for years!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
After hemming and hawing around about it I finally 'bit the bullet' and acquired a 7" S&W Model 41. It doesn't have a magazine but Midway is advertising factory replacements so I ordered a couple. I've wanted one of these for years!

Those are very nice pistols. Enjoy

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Last deer hunt of the 2014-15 season was with a late 1903. In a 1922 M2 stock with Lyman 48 rear sight and King "Reflector" front. Pics tonight.

Renault

One Too Many
Hey everybody! Don't pay the ransom, I escaped!!! Seriously, lots going on at my place these days so no real time to visit!

Sarge! Those 41's are skookum! Good for you! Dunno why but several have come thru the shop lately! I'll keep a clear eye for extra mags while and when I can!

Dave! Can't wait to see that 03! Sounds like my kind of rifle!!!!! If I can swing it, I'm gonna try one more hunt down south. Gonna try to tote that ol' wore out Model 64 Winchester of mine. It has a lyman 66 on it. Best I remember it's a 66. :).

As it stands now with the current home situation going on,,,I will prolly havta "retire" once again and leave the shop.

Nice catches all. Some great steel being shown off lately! Try to post again soon.

Happy new year to you all!!

Bob

jkingrph

Practically Family
Love my M 41! I bought it new probably close to 30 years ago with a 7" barrel. It did not take me long to pick up a 5 1/2 " field barrel from Gil Hebard guns. Same rear sight, but a red ramp front. The shorter lightweight barrel makes it balance similar to a 1911. I have entertained the idea of replacing the grips with some that mimic the feel of the 1911, but like the factory S&W grips so much that they will probably stay. Both barrels are tack drivers, with the 7" having a bit of an edge, longer sight radius??

Oldsarge

One Too Many
It never occurred to me that the barrels might be interchangeable. Thanx for that info. I will keep it for future reference. Having a shorter barreled version for field use just makes enormous sense. I know I'll need it in Portland in about a year and a half.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
20150113_181911_zpsb051f738.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just picked this up today. A S&W Model 36. Judging from the serial number it was made around 1985.

Willybob

A-List Customer
I want to post pics from my IPad or HP but don't know how. What shall I do? Can someone advise me?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Atticus. As a DA do you still carry? A lot of ours here in the great stae of Mecklenburg do.

Not so much anymore. It was more common for prosecutors to carry back when I started, but somewhere along the way most of us stopped. I think it has to do with how our jobs have changed during the last two decades. Years ago, ADAs were much more "hands on" in the investigation and arrest functions of law enforcement. I used to go on drug roundups and field interviews and even rode with the Troopers on Friday and Saturday nights. But the Courts have made it clear that our unqualified sovereign immunity doesn't begin until there's been a finding of probable cause. So nowadays, most prosecutors have become much more attorney and much less investigator. Personally, I miss the old days...but I still think it best to confine myself to my office or the courtroom. No more wrestling perps at two in the morning in the magistrates office for me.

BTW, there's actually nothing in the law that allows us to conceal a weapon because we are prosecutors. To carry legally, we need a permit just like every one else. Of course, back when I started things were much different. There was no such thing as a civilian concealed carry permit. Those of us who carried concealed weapons did so because there was nobody to tell us not to. ;)

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner