Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Those heavy single shot rifles can be addictive :cool: I have sold mine off a couple of times of the past 30 years. Always wanted a Sharps '75 but could never justify it. And I can justify damn near anything as my wife can attest too :rolleyes: One came along in a trade recently that I couldn't morally turn down even if I'd wanted to, which I didn't :D want to.

My earlier '78 Browning. And the new and rather rare '75 C Sharps. Both in saddle rifle configuration with 24 and 26" med weight barrels. And even 30 years ago still too heavy for me to pack around. They are called a saddle rifle for a reason.

Great photos and very nice rifles.

TPD166

One Too Many
Crossed one off the "wish-list" this week - ca. 1906-07 Savage M-1899-A in .30-30. Any 99 fans on TFL?
M-1899A_1.jpg
M-1899A_2.jpg

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I've had a passion for single shot rifles for longer than I want to admit being alive but for some reason never got one. I'm probably too cranky in my choice of calibers for something. And now, trying to bring my gunsafe under control, I think it's time to shed a few of the inhabitants. Anyone want a BSA .404 Jeffrey with a Redfield vintage steel peep sight? It will come with dies and reloads plus a modest amount of brass.

jkingrph

Practically Family
I've had a passion for single shot rifles for longer than I want to admit being alive but for some reason never got one. I'm probably too cranky in my choice of calibers for something. And now, trying to bring my gunsafe under control, I think it's time to shed a few of the inhabitants. Anyone want a BSA .404 Jeffrey with a Redfield vintage steel peep sight? It will come with dies and reloads plus a modest amount of brass.

I like those single shots, got a bunch or Ruger #1's, my favorite being a nice light little 1a in 7x57 that I found used at a gunshow. Metal was perfect, but wood looked like it had been rode hard and put up wet. Patches of finish were gone, and most was completely clouded. After a lot of careful scraping I hit the lower mid end of the wood lottery and got a nice piece. This is one of the earlier red pad models, and apparently like reporter has a rather long throat. It does not shoot lighter spritzer bullets well, but is good with the old 175 gr round nose. The only thing that could be better it would be that it had been chambered for 6.5x55.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Traded for this today, a S&W .45ACP from the 1937 Brazilian Contract that was fitted with a King style front sight and S&W rear sight! The action is just gorgeous, a N frame at it's best.
KC9o6EJ.jpg
My single action revolvers are my workhorses, my 1911 is my “social carry” gun, but my overall favorites are those older S&Ws that were fit by hand. They are such fine pieces of work that I would argue they approach art, and I could be pretty easily convinced that they have a soul. Very nice example you have there!

jkingrph

Practically Family
Crossed one off the "wish-list" this week - ca. 1906-07 Savage M-1899-A in .30-30. Any 99 fans on TFL? View attachment 115835 View attachment 115836

Nice, I picked up an EG model some years back at a local gun show. It had a Weaver K 4 scope, nice and clear, with a Lee dot reticule . It's a 300 Savage, and like yours some had cut off the stock and put on a red recoil pad. I have not shot it much, but it's ok. You don't run across those every day.

TPD166

One Too Many
Thanks - they are getting harder to find - especially in decent shape and without an outrageous price tag. I had an EG in .300 Sav. & wish I'd hung on to it.

Nice, I picked up an EG model some years back at a local gun show. It had a Weaver K 4 scope, nice and clear, with a Lee dot reticule . It's a 300 Savage, and like yours some had cut off the stock and put on a red recoil pad. I have not shot it much, but it's ok. You don't run across those every day.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Okay a pic of my N frames. Rear left is a 2nd Model in .44 Special, one of the first 300 made after WW1. Front left is a 3rd Model in .44 Special, one of the first batch of blued ones that Wolf & Klar ordered. Rear right is a 1917 in .45 ACP made in September of 1917 and the last is a 1937 Brazilian Contract in .45 ACP that has been fitted with adjustable sights.
dqfRnOb.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran