Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Boodles

A-List Customer
Gees...'Bird, your Kimber looks for the world like..

warbird said:
The latest addition to my assemblage of firearms, a new take on an old classic.

19112.jpg

Kimber frame bobtailed. The bobtail makes the weapon more comfortable and easier to conceal. Frame also had front strap and trigger guard checkered

Ed Brown bobtail, beavertail safety and grips
Old Caspian Commander length slide, lowered ejection port, durable finish
Kart barrel and bushing
Novak sights
Wilson Ambi Safety
Internal parts a mix of Wilson, Ed Brown and Cylinder and Slide
Standard guide rod. Don't go for that full length stuff

Gees...'Bird, your Kimber is a dead ringer, save for the angle cut mainspring housing, for the wonderful white-sidewalled things Armand Swenson (And others) used to make and sell for serious bucks.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Levelois, they are nifty "gentlemen's" guns... :) The gambler hide out, just like Doc's in TOMBSTONE. Mine are both .41 Thunderers.

Highlander

A-List Customer
My little collection of "Gentlemen's Pistols"... Not the Thunderer upper left, true ivory grips. Part of my TOMBSONE collection:

gentlemenspistols-vi.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
Highlander said:
My little collection of "Gentlemen's Pistols"... Not the Thunderer upper left, true ivory grips.

Wow, nice - those new made or antiques?

Ok, in this vintage photo I see (l. to r.) Springfield Trapdoors or Krags (Tpr 1, 3), Browning Auto-5? (Tpr 5), and 1897 Winchester (Trp 7) - anyone have better eyes?

ExplorePAHistory-a0j8h1-a_349.jpg

During the 1919 steel strike, the state police cemented their reputation among steelworkers as the Pennsylvania "Cossacks," for their heavy-handed use of force in favor of the steel mills. Farrell, in Mercer County, had grown up around the Sharon Steel Company, part of the U.S. Steel's "Big Steel" empire since 1902. Founded as South Sharon in 1900, the town had taken the name of Farrell in 1912, in honor of James A. Farrell, then president of the United States Steel Corporation.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer

anon`

One Too Many
New clothes for my 1911! Cocobolo in the traditional double-diamond checkered pattern, apparently salvaged from a Dan Wesson. Nice gent up in Washington sold them to me after a fiasco with some idiot on eBay who didn't understand why, after biting on an auction for double-diamond checkered grips, I was annoyed when they arrived sporting big giant Colt medallions in Gold. Would've been fine... if only I had a Colt, not a Springer.

DSCN3689.JPG

Next up: a slew of rather more period-correct small parts and a brushed blue finish for the whole gun =)

Highlander

A-List Customer
Anon, great looking piece, and great looking grips.

I just bought this Nice little Colt Mustang, they are hard to find and getting pricy. But my cousin had one a few weeks ago, and when it was in my hand I knew I had to own one. So now I do. Anyway, I went out and found a site, "gripguys", and they do grips, and they are doing CocoBolo Double Diamond (there won't be a Colt Medalion, but they are small grips, so just as soon they not). I'll repost the gun once I get the grips on it.
ColtMustang-vi.jpg

If I recall correctly A friend of a friend had the Mustang, took it a part and either took some assembly apart he should not have or re-assembled it wrong. He had to have the local gunsmith disassemble and re-assemble it to get it back together.

The gunsmith was nice about it, and ran thru it for him several times so he could see the correct procedure, still cost him a twenty of two for the time, but now he knows.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The ejector folds down. If you push it past parallel with the rails you have to take off a grip and manually depress its spring to flip it back up. You get used to it after a couple times of pushing it down too far.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
DutchIndo said:
About as popular as the Reising Sub Machine Gun. The Stoner was also one MG that never really made it. They had their fans though .

Just like the United Defense M'42 "Marlin" Great submachine gun...way ahead of its time...I personally favor that weapon to the thompson. Even tho it never saw combat in the hands of an Allied Soldier, mainly just resistance groups.

Levallois

Practically Family
GranadaGuy617 said:
Just like the United Defense M'42 "Marlin" Great submachine gun...way ahead of its time...I personally favor that weapon to the thompson. Even tho it never saw combat in the hands of an Allied Soldier, mainly just resistance groups.

I had never heard of this machine gun and had to go to Wikipedia to see a photo. Very interesting looking weapon and different because it was made in 9mm!

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Levallois said:
I had never heard of this machine gun and had to go to Wikipedia to see a photo. Very interesting looking weapon and different because it was made in 9mm!

Yeah, it was a wonderful weapon. I think it was a huge mistake to outfit Resistance groups with it, report say that it was extremely low maintenance and almost impervious to dirt and that it was so efficient that fouling wasn't an issue. And with the magazines setup for quick reload times. Great weapon, very few exist today, (which means most of them are in Eastern Europe somewhere) there are only about 6 or less I know of in the US, one belongs to Bruce Canfield.

Gummy

New in Town
Me and my humble Sako TRG22

JAK_5804 (Small).JPG

Here goose hunting with my Beretta Xtrema2

100_0259 (Small).JPG

There are some very nice guns in this thread, thanks to you all for sharing :)

Gummy :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats