Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

PoohBang

Suspended
Here's my old .22 A springfield 53-B from the late 20's early 30's.

DSC05545.jpg

/|\

One of the Regulars
A small sampling...

old_school_guns_1.jpg

22s-1.jpg

AR-7-together.jpg

RugerMkIIIvory2.jpg

walkernavy.jpg

guns.jpg

On the last photo: I no longer have the SAR-8/HK-91. The MP-5 is an Airsoft.

Don't worry; I'm non-violent. And despite the collection, I'm actually a Liberal! :D

/|\

One of the Regulars
cooncatbob said:
Here's a pic of my Sharps, I also have a S&W #66 with a 6inch barrel and a Rossi snub nosed 38 and a Walther p-38. Bob.
336685307_8d0a3b1d12.jpg

I have a Shiloh Sharps in .45-70. Mine is a #3 Sporter with the straight stock. I've had it for... 16 years?... and I've never fired it!

/|\

One of the Regulars
Michaelshane said:
Shame on you......

Yeah, I know...

I really wanted it when I ordered it. It took a year or two to get it from Shiloh. (They were being made to order at the time, but I wanted an American made American gun.) Just as it arrived at the gun shop, I was laid off from my job. Couldn't afford it, but a contract is a contract, eh? So I was busy looking for work. During the waiting period, aviation was demanding more of my time to.

You know how it goes. Procrastinate long enough, and a years go by.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Hankh said:
Last June 6th visited a small village in Normandy France.
Gave some training sessions how to repel the hordes of Romans.;)

SmallvillageNormandyA1.jpg

Racking the slide with a finger on the trigger= B.A.D.!!:eek: :mad:
I realize it's most likely just a replica but...................

I have no pcs of my firearms. I have a fair variety of long arms and handguns and enjoy shooting and hunting. When it comes to handguns I am primarily a wheelgunner and my daily carry is usually a Model 19 or Taurus 605 snub. I intend to add a S&W M38 to the stable soon.

Doublegun

Practically Family
DesertDan said:
Racking the slide with a finger on the trigger= B.A.D.!!:eek: :mad:
I realize it's most likely just a replica but...................

I have no pcs of my firearms. I have a fair variety of long arms and handguns and enjoy shooting and hunting. When it comes to handguns I am primarily a wheelgunner and my daily carry is usually a Model 19 or Taurus 605 snub. I intend to add a S&W M38 to the stable soon.

Paratrooper has his finger on the trigger of his carbine - another BAD thing.[bad] [bad] [bad]

Doublegun

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
That's because they just want to shoot a gun not hunt for buffalo on the plains. ;) :p

45-70 is not bad to shoot. It gives more of a push than a punch. I've shot a lot of old Winchester lever guns and found the recoil from a 45-70 to be more like a 12 ga field load than a heavy rifle.

shortbow

Practically Family
Me too. I can see it might seem strange to some folks but I'm a pacifist Quaker type feller and I've been crazy about firearms as hunting tools and examples of ingenuity, craftsmanship and tradition since I got my first BB gun at six years old. Too bad the only exposure to guns most people get is from movies, TV, computer games, warfare and nutjobs in the news. Like so much else, intention and what's in a man's heart is everything.

Years ago I met a guy who was really against private firearms ownership. After a few seasons of hanging out with me, he went on to become a gunsmith!lol

I'd be lying if I claimed total pacifism, but it is reasonable to say if there is trouble involving me, I will not be the one to Start The Party--Avoidance, Deterrence, and Deescalation will all have been given every reasonable effort to defuse the situation before dragging iron.

Most of my weapons, though, will be tools for studying the experiences of average WWII infantrymen, and possibly educating others about same.

I'm a real big fan of what's called "constructive learning", basically learning by doing. For example, once I finsh my MA and find a professorship, my plan for discussing any given battle will require two days: the first, the historical battle laid out using my collection of WWII miniatures on a table in the center of the room; overnight, assign each student the role of a specific officer and his command, and the orders and intel available to that officer; day two, same table and miniatures, but "YOU are in command now, can you do better?"

Followed up with outside of class toward the end of the quarter, Range Day--ideally with lunch prepared to period recipes using the closest current equivalents of ration items issued at the time.

It also helps that I already kinda live this--my everyday defensive-carry pistol has only minor differences from the M1911A1 .45 my grandfather carried through WWII and his postwar Army and later Air Force career for the same purpose, and I'm working on it to reduce the differences as much as I can. Though I am well trained as a gunfighter, when all is said and done I'd rather be remembered as a historian and educator than for a capability which only exists to protect myself and any family I may someday have.

Doublegun said:
45-70 is not bad to shoot. It gives more of a push than a punch. I've shot a lot of old Winchester lever guns and found the recoil from a 45-70 to be more like a 12 ga field load than a heavy rifle.

Oh, I know it isn't a bad round to fire but, in the context of what I said, it is more round than most need unless you are hunting and even then big game. :D

Decodence

A-List Customer
Doublegun said:
Much like my .500 S&W revolver. My .44Mag vaquero is more of a handful to shoot than that honkin' 8" barrel 500.

DSCN1281%20(Large).JPG

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'll tell you what - I've fired two Smith 500's: an 8" barrel and a 13" compensated barrel all tricked out by the factory.

In each case, that beast gave a mighty kick (for godsake, the grass under the bullet parted with the blast)! I put a nice crack in a 1/2" steel plate at 25 yards. The gun itself is well designed, and definitely weighted to handle the kick, but man alive, it punches hard.

However, I believe the Desert Eagle in .50AE kicks harder than the Smith500. I've seen someone try to one-hand a DE and receive a nice goose-egg on his forehead from recoil. The grip on the Smith is designed so that you have to hold it with two hands just to aim it.

On the other hand, I fired a 6" Taurus .454 Casull and felt like it was smoother and had less kick than a 5" .45ACP Smith Revolver. [huh]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW