Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Renault

One Too Many
Davis Cup starts Friday! - should be fun even without Rafa, I already have invites to two parties. :)

Yeah, Like the moron I am, if I'd just watch the TV news I would have known that!

And now, back to the guns!!!! A pair of my Fusils de Chasse. I no longer own the top fusil, but still own all the other stuff in the pic!

100_0227.jpg

Renault

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Alas, no pencil barrels, either. A pencil-barrel S&W M&P in .38 Special would be my ideal handgun.

-Dave

Dave, it is funny that you mention that. I have a model 10 with a pencil barrel that balances great. I was talking with a friend the other day about Smith's Classic line. They have a model 10 with a round butt and bull barrel.We were both saying that Smith should have offered that one with the pencil barrel.

Kirk

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Yeah, Like the moron I am, if I'd just watch the TV news I would have known that!

And now, back to the guns!!!! A pair of my Fusils de Chasse. I no longer own the top fusil, but still own all the other stuff in the pic!

100_0227.jpg

Renault

Very nice Renault!

Kirk H.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I agree with you both. My only concern is whether the old ones are safe with +P loads. Of course, if it was loaded with Glazer Saf-T slugs, that might not be a consideration.

I think it would depend on when it was made. I have several from the 1960's and 1970's that handle +P well. I would not use +P in the older airweights like the model 12 or the pre model 10's.

Kirk H.

Renault

One Too Many
S&W Revolvers from the late 40's to the late 70's are the Bee's Knees! Love 'em!!!!! I picked up an M&P circa '47 last week that walked in the shop. I use plain ol' 158 grn RN lead, period. I like 'em..... You can still get these old rogues pretty reasonable. Usually under 3 "C" notes! How can you beat that???? The M&P and Model 10 is my all time favorite!

Renault

Rathdown

Practically Family
I agree with you both. My only concern is whether the old ones are safe with +P loads. Of course, if it was loaded with Glazer Saf-T slugs, that might not be a consideration.
S&W M&P revolvers manufactured after 1916 (serial number 320,000) have heat treated cylinders, and should safely fire +P ammo. That said, a steady diet of +P ammo in either a J- or K-frame .38 special should be avoided as even the new guns will shoot loose if subjected to a steady pounding of hot ammo.

While Glaser fragmenting ammunition has its adherents as a personal defense cartridge, its detractors point out Glaser's sometimes erratic penetration characteristics when called upon to pass through several layers of fabric (jacket, shirt, and tee shirt) before entering one's assailant. Generally speaking, a wad cutter, or semi-wad cutter, bullet provides the best all-round compromise for a .38 caliber personal defense round with J- or K- framed S&W revolvers such as the M&P or post-war Model 10.

jkingrph

Practically Family
My father had at one time two Model 10's, one the 4" barrel which I now have, the other had a 2" barrel, but the standard K frame grips just like the other. I only shot it twice, but found it extremely accurate and I asked him if he every wanted to get rid of it I would buy it. He forgot and sold it to a friend and I never saw it again. I still wish I had that little gun.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Snubnose

As long as every one else is showing their Smith & Wesson's, I mine as well show mine. A Model 36 Chief Special in .38 Special. Best thing about it was the price, free, a lawyer I new took it in lou of payment, no it's not hot. His widow gave it to me, not sure it has ever been shot, I haven't bothered. I took it to a gun show and the security guard laughed at it, then i pointed out that the Snubnose has probably saved more Cops lives then any 9mm, strapped to their leg, he acknowledged I was probably right!
IMG_3975.jpg

cklos

Banned
Yes, there is--a woman with a gun in the medical profession. As one said in a defensive encounter I saw reported, "I am a Registered Nurse, so I know EXACTLY WHERE to shoot you!" LOL
I'm not a woman or a registered nurse, but even I know it's 2 in the chest, 1 in the head......lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff