Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
To tell the truth, accuracy depends on the pellet used. The better quality the better accuracy.
I also love it, it looks the real deal. There are 3 "finishes" for this air gun: golden, black and nickel.

The nickel finish applies to receiver, lever and barrels.
umarexnickel.jpg

The gold finish only applies to the receiver and have a nice stagecoach print in it.
umarexgold.jpg

umarexgoldprint.jpg

I wish I'd be able to collect the 3.

Landman

One Too Many
...so the U.S. made Colts are still regarded as 'Systemas'?...

Mike,

That Jackson Armory pistol is not a Sistema but is one of the Colts made in the US for Argentina. I should not have suggested it was a Sistema. I guess the proper name would be a US made Argentine Colt. I hope I didn't mislead you but I tend to lump the two together which I shouldn't. The main point I was trying to convey was that the US made Argentine Colts and Sistemas saw a lot of use and should be inspected carefully before buying one. At least that has been my experience with these pistols.

The Jackson Armory pistol would be close to the end of the run of Colts made in the US for Argentina. I say that because it has the 1911-A1 changes that were made to 1911's in 1924 and the Sistemas started in 1927. Colt started selling 1911 pistols to Argentina in 1914 and it would have had to be made sometime between 1924 and 1927. Once they started making them in Argentina is when they were stamped "Sist. Colt Cal. 11.25mm Mod. 1927". The first 10,000 Colts made in Argentina were made by Colt employees on Colt machinery moved to Argentina. After the first 10,000 the remainder were made by Argentinians taught by the Colt employees on the Colt machinery that was left behind. I don't think Argentina actually started making any new pistols until the mid 1940's but they were still called the Model 1927.

The history of the US made Argentine Colts and Sistemas is very interesting. Here is a link to a good article. Argentina also had a similar arrangement for the Browning Hi-Power.

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/03/colt-sistema.html

Landman

One Too Many
After my last post I decided to look up the serial number of the Jackson Armory Colt in one of my Colt books. It shows the date of manufacture to be 1933. I find that strange because at that time the Colts should be manufactured in Argentina. Maybe it was a replacement receiver.

bellero

Familiar Face
Lotsa nice toys on here! Here's a few of mine

Colt and Uberti
DSC03746_zpse94bf2dc.jpg

DSC03745_zpse400d6ba.jpg

The 1911 Family;
DSC02953.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02889.jpg

DSC02888.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03746_zpse94bf2dc.jpg
    DSC03746_zpse94bf2dc.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 167

Picard1138

One of the Regulars
So, after nearly 20 years of wanting an original WWII-era PPK, after seeing the older style in the first several Bond films, as of this month I finally have one. This was a pretty hands-off restoration, whereby I took a beat up shooter PPK (with heavily pitted slide), fit it with a nearly pristine slide of same vintage (1941), and then replaced the grip with a reproduction. I also added a few new factory magazines, fitted with a reproduction finger rest. I may upgrade the grips to originals if I can find them for under $200, but they are OK for now.

Let me know what you think! (serial number digitally obscured in second photo)

IMG_20140730_182910_283A.jpg
IMG_20140730_182942_923_A.jpg

-Max

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner