Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

WH1

Practically Family
One long very wet night during Desert Storm, we were told by our platoon sergeant, "You are Marines, evil little green amphibious demons from the deepest darkest pits of He!!, kicked out by Satan himself because you scared him. Its a little water, it is your friend. QUIT YOUR BITC4ING!" Of course I knew we were back in He!! when I woke up in the 2 man fighting hole and one of my boots was floating and my A Gunner was standing in knee deep water. Something like 12 years rain in less than 48 hours.

A couple of weeks later I was in the middle of a mine field in Kuwait watching the oil fires, questioning my life choices and thinking my guidance counselor might have lied to me.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
20160409_165754_zpssvgklfsb.jpg

I have got to quit going to gun shows......this followed me home today. A nickel plated pre model 10. its a 4 screw model from the early 1950's.

newsman

One of the Regulars
One of the best guns S&W ever made - I got mine too late for a pinned barrel.

My wife carries a model 60. She can run it like a scalded cat, too.

Once upon a time one of my best buddies was pretty famous instructor and ran a three day tactical class. She fired over 1,000 rounds through that little pistol in three days and out performed many of the guys with their fancy semi-automatics.

It's one of those things you're better off paying someone to teach your wife to do. She might get irritated and have an "intentional missfire."

Anyway, at one time she was the finest wheel gun shooter I ever knew.

She looks like like a cute little nurse. But that woman has the heart of a lion.

You guys have great taste in firearms.

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
I broke down and ordered a double-loop for my New Service from El Paso Saddlery this weekend. They said I should get it sometime in May (but they did not say May of what year). In the meantime I will "make do" with an early George Lawrence New Service field holster I found on eBay.

This stuff has gotten to old and valuable to use. The web and leather gear that is. Someday I'll get a double loop holster for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo