Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

SurfGent

Suspended
Ok so I told you I got a few. Hears a mint 1980 Wingmaster I got for 200$
KIMG0001.jpg

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Man, I do love the 870s, tough as nails.
Here's one I picked up the other day, a Romanian Carpati Model 74 in .32ACP/7.65. This thing was filthy and had the heaviest DA trigger I have ever seen on a handgun, including the H&K VP70! SA wasn't too bad. After a serious cleaning, the DA trigger pull went from unbelievable to just lousy. It also had a 3/8" shelf on the left grip to make ATF import points. A bit of work in the garage got rid of that and it now is a rather trim little beast to hold.

SurfGent

Suspended
Man, I do love the 870s, tough as nails.
Here's one I picked up the other day, a Romanian Carpati Model 74 in .32ACP/7.65. This thing was filthy and had the heaviest DA trigger I have ever seen on a handgun, including the H&K VP70! SA wasn't too bad. After a serious cleaning, the DA trigger pull went from unbelievable to just lousy. It also had a 3/8" shelf on the left grip to make ATF import points. A bit of work in the garage got rid of that and it now is a rather trim little beast to hold.
Funny they say calibers like 32 or even 380 are marginally acceptable for self defense. I dunno , seems like a 380 or 32 at close range to the head neck or chest would do the trick. At least send the bad guys running the other way. I wouldn't want to kill anyone anyway.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
No, it was a straight up DA only first shot semi-auto with no manual safety. The "safety" on the 92G (Gendarme) was strictly for hammer release, no other purpose. A serviceable weapon, though none I would have ever chosen for myself.

The only experience I had with a Beretta was when talking with a trooper many years ago. They had just switched from the 92 to the 96D (DAO). We were issued the S&W 4046 DAO. We were complaining about the long DAO trigger pulls and he said the Smith was better. He then let me try the 96D and I had to agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko