Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Excellent!Thanks so much Puzzicato that will come in really handy.I have 4 kids so i don't always have time to do anything too complicated & my hair is naturally curly so i think this will work quite well .I have been pinning my hair up at night,i'm fairly useless at pincurls at the moment but because i have curls anyway my inept versions have still been working ok.Sometimes though i'm just too tired so this little style will be great for when i dont do my hair the night before.

Halle

New in Town
Complete novice to the styles of the era's so excuse my lack of knowledge

Experimenting with 60's (bouffant)
1274130647-U8.jpg

1274131274-U8.jpg

Getting my friend to recreate Brigitte Bardot (no finished product this was in the middle of it and pre brushing out)
1274131115-U8.jpg

1274130942-U8.jpg

Hair bow (don't know what era I just had a little go but loved the outcome)
1274131220-U8.jpeg

Halle

New in Town
Thankyou Ladies.

My Bouffant I have been doing for about 4 years now so I seem to just do it quite easily in 5 minutes where as I used to take about an hour and it still be know where near as good lol

So anyway, I take the top third of my hair, tease/backcomb the life out of it, smooth over the top and I just have to grab the sides and push up and it just kind of makes it's self, I think as long as you have enough 'cushion' under it is very easy. However daily backcombing would totally reck your hair so I would just re use my previous days 'oomph' and just take out the grips and neaten it up. I have used Bumpits once though and also, You could cut up a ring bun dohnut to use as your 'wadding' I suppose.

I'm really rubbish at explaining things aren't I ...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
SWOOOON!
Antje I have so long admired your color, and it suits you so perfectly~ gorgeous!!! I like the longer length as well.
:eusa_clap

Welcome to all the new beautiful ladies! I've lots of catching up to do!
Nikki

Antje said:
15bxw1.jpg

2b4i3c.jpg

fxqb87.jpg

Very simple set and brush out

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I love this shade on you Amy Jeanne~ reminds me of this pic of Billie! And your waves ROCK!! AWESOME job!
2191196683_66b31d2d11_o.jpg

Amy Jeanne said:
25128_381413199163_624014163_3818118_6870555_n.jpg

I'm glad the red is fading fast. It really damaged my hair and now I just have to wait for it to grow out so I can be a platinum blonde again! :p I don't care if it doesn't match my skin tone or whatever -- I like the washed-out fake look it gives.

Halle

New in Town
Jasmine Jolene said:
:eek:fftopic:

sorry, i can't PM yet....

Halle, where are you from? my fella thinks the piccy of you on the train (another post i think) you are on one of the Liverpool Arriva trains.

is he right? :p

He is ever so right. Great observation :eusa_clap You from round here?

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
I'm a bit scared as I've never posted a picture here! This afternoon, one of my coworkers said my hair looked like it was from a vintage Breck ad, so I thought that was reason enough to share a photo:

amaranta

New in Town
amaranta said:
Thank's girls! You are the best! I've been intrigued by this back roll for quite sometime. I guess the result really depends on the rat, or cylinder thing. Just ordered them on amazon! They're fairly cheap too!

So i gave the 'rat' a try. I thought it was very easy to use and it looks surprisingly good for a first time, but a little too bulky for my taste, so i'll try without it as well. I think this style is on the 2nd edition of Lauren's book, but since i have the first one I'm gonne have to wait to get the new one...
BTW I apologize if the photo link doesn't work, i suck at this!!!

Antje

One Too Many
Lusti Weather said:
I'm a bit scared as I've never posted a picture here! This afternoon, one of my coworkers said my hair looked like it was from a vintage Breck ad, so I thought that was reason enough to share a photo:

Really cute, and lovely glasses!

Nikkie Thanks so much you make me blush

Mrs Beattie

New in Town
Lusti Weather said:

Your glasses are lovely (and so is your hair), I am due for an eye exam and I will be looking for something like these :)

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Lillemor -- Thanks! I guess it's not so scary after all. :)

Lindabelle -- I set my hair with perm rods (I use the peach ones) after I wash it. I've tried just about every method of hair styling possible, and perm rods are my favorite by far!

BoPeep -- I'm trying to get to platinum; right now I'm in the yellow stage! lol

Antje -- Awww, thank you! I always enjoy seeing your hairstyle photos, you're really talented!

Mrs Beattie -- good luck with your glasses search! Let us know how it goes.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here's one from a few weeks ago - I'm still getting used to the new, shorter length and not being able to do my standard updo. Sorry if the front view is a little sloppy - this was after I got home from a wedding, so everything had flattened out a bit. The sides are pulled up with combs and the curls arranged to hide them.

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats