Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Christy said:
ChristmasEveHair3.jpg

ChristmasEve09Hair.jpg
Christy, sometimes you look so much like Liz Taylor I can't help but stare! I think you should keep the black since it complements your creamy complexion, and experiment with hair styles and length instead.

6a00d83451ccbc69e2010536d9fd17970c-400wi

Christy

One of the Regulars
cherry lips said:
Christy, sometimes you look so much like Liz Taylor I can't help but stare! I think you should keep the black since it complements your creamy complexion, and experiment with hair styles and length instead.

Thank you! Your comments that I look like Liz Taylor help to persuade me to keep the dark hair! :) My mom also says that I remind her of Taylor. My guy really likes the dark hair too. I think I just get bored sometimes. lol

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Christy said:
Photos of my hair today! I haven't posted in a while because I just stick with the same style. Well, last night I set my hair in my normal set after washing it. When I took it out and brushed it, it was quite short. I liked it because I was thinking of cutting my hair shorter recently to look a more like Marilyn's styles. Naturally my hair is bust length, so how it got so short, I have no idea!

You are such a beauty!!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I dunno. I just don't think this 'do works for me. I'm still in the "practicing" stage and I think that's where I should maybe stop...

20444_223157754163_624014163_3156190_6469049_n.jpg

19344_219879744163_624014163_3132438_7810538_n.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne- You look nothing lik the guy from Flock of Seagulls. That style is very cute.

Antje-If you do that styl again can you post pictures of the back? It looks adorable and super flattering on you.

Christy- I really like your hair. It takes surls very well. The dress also look amazing on you.

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
I dunno. I just don't think this 'do works for me. I'm still in the "practicing" stage and I think that's where I should maybe stop...

L-O-FRIGGIN-L. You do not look like the FOS guy! lol BUT, if you aren't to keen on the appearance of that style, you should do it with smaller pieces of hair. I think these smaller pincurls on the side are actually more flattering, anyway... Like Rachel Mcadams here:

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2008_Married_Life/2008_married_life_005.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
LOL - amy jeanne you are so funny! Not even close to the flock of seagulls guy (and even at that time his hair was ridiculous!).

I agree with Lisa, try smaller bits of hair - that Rachel McAdams pic is lovely - and keep practicing. It was over a year and a half before I had rolls even remotely worth a trip out of doors and so far that has only happened ONCE, lol.

Most of the time I look like this guy when I try:

Dracula6.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
Inky said:
LOL - amy jeanne you are so funny! Not even close to the flock of seagulls guy (and even at that time his hair was ridiculous!).

I agree with Lisa, try smaller bits of hair - that Rachel McAdams pic is lovely - and keep practicing. It was over a year and a half before I had rolls even remotely worth a trip out of doors and so far that has only happened ONCE, lol.

Most of the time I look like this guy when I try:

Dracula6.jpg

haha! Also I roll mine tighter to the side, by pulling it tightly upwards, so the sides dont puff out, that seems to make it less Seagullesque, for me anyway...

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Lil 60's

I bought some cute bows for my hair last night and just had to wear them today :)

All I did was use a spiral curling iron and then teased the top to give some volume, the bow is a clip and I just clipped it onto a headband I already had and I think the hair style came out super cute and it was easy to do!

60s4.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
I bought some cute bows for my hair last night and just had to wear them today :)

All I did was use a spiral curling iron and then teased the top to give some volume, the bow is a clip and I just clipped it onto a headband I already had and I think the hair style came out super cute and it was easy to do!

And super-flattering on you!! You are so pretty - what is that lipstick you are wearing?

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:

60s4.jpg

LOVES IT!

P.S. We WILL go out for dinner soon!!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Girl Scout Wannabe

Years ago at an auction I found in a box i bought a bunch of what I will call girl scout hats. I call them this because one of the hats had a Be Prepared girl scout pin on it! I just curled my front bangs, did two pig tails and stuck my hat on at an angle! Probably not the proper girl scout hat position! lol

4238973840_ee04159664.jpg

4239079516_3bb22d76cc.jpg

4239054294_d27b7804dc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy