Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
KAT said:

Kat,

Great pics! Do you mind sharing any tips or techniques? I particularly liked the style on the last few pics. I would love to hear more about what works for you.

Thanks,
Jessica

WoeSis

New in Town
Hmm, not necessarily a true recreation - here's how i tend to wear my hair daily.

127148484_077344a063.jpg

It's so easy to do, too. i mousse my hair once it's dry and part my hair across the top of my head from ear to ear. i part the front section as usual and then curl (i use a curling iron) the sides of my hair upwards. (My hot tip - when removing the curling iron, do not unroll the curl. Rather, loosen the curl a bit and slide the iron out leaving the curl largely intact. Then clip the curl in place to allow it to cool completely.) Once the front of my hair has cooled, i unclip a curl, back comb it a tad until all the curls on one side have been back-combed. Then i simply smoothe and shape the upsweep, clip in place and go on to the next side. Once both sides are done - i curl the back of my hair with the iron (as seen below), or i simply snood it.

113531935_77e23d18a1_m.jpg

i hope that my discription isn't too vague. i keep telling myself that one of these days i will construct a proper tutorial complete with step-by-step photos.

WoeSis

New in Town
mysterygal said:
Woesis, great hairdo! I'm still trying to figure out curling hair with my curling iron :rolleyes: :)

Thanks!

i love my curling iron, but i'm a sucker for just about any hair gadget and have a frightening collection of often unused rollers/curlers/et cetera. My not-so-secret is leaving the curls intact and allowing them to cool. i worked for a few years at a hair salon (i was a make-up artist, not a stylist) and i picked up some tips and tricks by observing the true experts.

If your hair is super fine, or just wont hold a curl, you could try rag rolling most of your hair and then touching it up with the curling iron where needed before setting your do.

OH! i should've mentioned that i adore Aveda's Air Control hair spray and use it to set my hair.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
it's amazing what hair products can do! I just got ahold of some Sebastian products and absolutely love them...I don't think I"ll ever use a different product again...I love being able to do more with my hair instead of the normal, down straight look

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
Woesis,

Your hair looks gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing. And I second the Aveda products--I love the Volumizing Tonic and the Phomollient.

Jessica

Naama

Practically Family
WoeSis said:
Hmm, not necessarily a true recreation - here's how i tend to wear my hair daily.

127148484_077344a063.jpg

Wow! Your hair looks great! And, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only pierced person here :p But Isn't that hairstyle too fragile to wear everyday? I think it looks rather dangerous for stormy weathers.

Naama

WoeSis

New in Town
Naama said:
But Isn't that hairstyle too fragile to wear everyday? I think it looks rather dangerous for stormy weathers.

Well, i'm in Southern California, so with the last few weeks excepted we do not tend to get much in the way of stormy weathers. That said, i should mention that my hairdo is not at all fragile and stays firmly in place all day with the help of 4 - 5 hair pins and some Aveda Air Control hairspray. i've even sported the do numerous times at Disneyland and my hair has withstood the Matterhorn, the Tower of Terror and the park in general. It's a very solid do.

Plus, i'm a massage therapist by trade and wearing my hair up like that allows for me to look professional AND it keeps my hair out of my face. :)

Wobbely

New in Town
Great hair pics ladies. :) And thanks for the instructions as far as posting pics. Just had to try one as a test LOL and being that my hair is only 3" long and straight as a stick not much can be done with it so no pics to share.

Oh well didn't work for me

JustJen

Familiar Face
Does anyone know how to use wave clamps? I got some at Sally's and my mom said she'd show me how to use them but I guess she's forgotten how.....being it's only been 40 years...lol.

From what I've gathered on this site, they're supposed to be clamped on to a wave that's already been done, correct?

Ya'll should have seen me try to make the wave with the wave clamp. My husband thought I'd lost my mind (so did I for that matter).

Jen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner