Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Kitchen

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I know we have several people on here who enjoy the vintage lifestyle. I've seen cabinet pics and such, though I'm looking for the total package. That kitchen that just has style and grace. Trickeration's kitchen looks like you walked intot eh 50's. Some I have seen look like you walked into the 30's. Mine looks like you walked into an ecclectic mishmash of where did I put the spatula?. I just want to see style... doesn't have to be vintage, just has to look cool

Show us your kitchen!

Trickeration

Practically Family
I'll post on this thread since Matt mentioned my kitchen. Lizzie I love your kitchen, too. I haven't gotten to vintage packaging as much as I'd like yet, but I'm working on it. Here are 3 pics of my kitchen, and one of the dining room which is sort of attached. We decided to go with 50's era decor because that's how the room had been since the previous owner remodeled it in the mid-50s.
pict08712xd.jpg

pict08729ii.jpg

pict08705nu.jpg

pict08693rj.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Oh wow, Trickeration -- your kitchen is a real flashback for me. We had that exact same table and chairs when I was growing up (and I think a couple of the chairs are still lurking in my ma's cellar.) My parents got it as a wedding present in 1959, and it stuck around for quite a long time afterward!

Nice to see another fan of Jadite mixing bowls, too! :)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Caledonia said:
That's me out of the running then! lol

Me too!, I live between a tiny victorian cottage/flat in London and a 12th century timber-framed barn in Suffolk......nothing very golden era there!!!:p :p

J. M. Stovall said:
There must be thousands of those ice buckets with the penguin on it. We bought one probably 5 years ago or so and I seem to still see them in just about every antique store I visit. We love it anyway.
pict08705nu.jpg

I was thinking that when I saw the ice bucket. :p Yep, there were probably millions made but they are still around and that alone goes to show you that they last. ;)

regards,

J

swinggal

One Too Many
I bought the West Bend Penguin Hot/Cold server for a friend a few years back. It was actually supposed to used as a warmer too, as it is very well insulated. Seems to be better known as barware though. Some came with walnut wooden handles some with bakelite.

Seemsthey even reached Aussie shores as i have seen many here too :)

skillbilly

One of the Regulars
I remember having a penguin bucket from about four years old. Still have the same one in my kitchen. Of course when we were kids, we used it to keep pancakes warm. I have yet to put ice in it. I've seen a lot of them lately on everyones favorite site for about $6.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff