Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your late 50s early 60s hats

cptjeff

Practically Family
My hats, all of which are from that era (well, the ballcap isn't):

royalStetson020.jpg

From top left, clockwise:
Royal Stetson,
Something either custom from Henry the Hatter or refurbished by them at some point, but it's certainly a 60's style.
Royal stetson,
Royal deluxe stetson. That one might be a little newer, late 60's to 70's. Came with a silly braided felt ribbon in the same color as the hat.

Liners and sweats:
The one I just got yesterday:
royalStetson021.jpg

The green hat before restoration (it got a new sweat, same color but might as well show the original):
royalStetson009.jpg

royalStetson004.jpg

And the ugly liner of the charcoal:
royalStetson003.jpg

m000m000

One of the Regulars
Not really sure of the age, but 60ies is what I'd guesstimate, and it has one of those "Eulan Beyer" size tags.

Green velour Borsalino Augusta.

furryborso.jpg

augustaliner.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Some really really cool looking hats. Yet, I'm afraid that Henry the Hatter one above is way to new. The sizetag used, the sweatband style, the liner combined with the underwelt lead me to think that.

Keep them coming. I'm staring at all the different felt varieties.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
Mario -

for some reason that Dobbs 20 resonates with me ...

Dobbs seems to have been prolific with those in that style in that era. The oxblood one I posted earlier, labeled "Goldsmith's" was obviously privately made for them by Dobbs and has the same Guild Edge to the brim.

Here are two others in the same vein (although the first one may be a little earlier than the '50s/'60s theme of this thread [huh] ):
96060413_o.jpg

96060430_o.jpg

96060512_o.jpg

96060524_o.jpg

Warbaby gave me this one: :)
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Royal De Luxe Pair

Back bow sold at Rosenberg Bros. for $12.95....2" brim

same liner as first hat, but washed 2" brim...black hang tag

cptjeff

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
Some really really cool looking hats. Yet, I'm afraid that Henry the Hatter one above is way to new. The sizetag used, the sweatband style, the liner combined with the underwelt lead me to think that.

Keep them coming. I'm staring at all the different felt varieties.

Could very well be newer. The size tag has a metric size, which means it's probably from somewhere between 64 when the Bureau of standards started trying to get the US to switch and 82 when they gave up on it, unless Henry kept the notation for some reason. It's certainly not late 50's early 60's, but it retains the style of that era.

Also, if it is indeed a custom job as I suspect it might be, the underwelt means very little as it could simply be the preference of the buyer. If it's been refurbed, then the liner and sweat means nothing.

Oh, and a quick check reveals the former owner is 84, so the hat being older is not unreasonable.
(Left an address label inside the hat, and google makes finding public records easy....)

Mario said:
1969...this hat was born in the same year as I was! Rather stingy, but still a very beautiful hat. I love the tall crown and the incredible soft felt finish. Anisotropic light effects galore! When viewed from the front, it has a certain 30's feel to it.

I remember this one! The felt and look are fantastic! :eusa_clap

Matt Deckard said:
What do you want for 7.95?

Yes not bad for $7.95. :)

The Adam Pacesetter* I posted earlier in the thread has a stitched liner so the Crosely PTV is of a slightly newer vintage.

*The $22.00 is not correct. It retailed for around $10.00. The price was changed at a later date.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
The original one came on yellowed, crumbling paper in a vintage panama I bought. Must've been handy back in 'hat check' days. Scanned it and color printed enough to go in all my hats! :)

I was still shaking with laughter when I got home and read it again. Love it!

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cavanagh 100

I Sold this to Sargon late this summer but it deserves to be posted here:

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
Mario -

for some reason that Dobbs 20 resonates with me ...

And of course that long haired Borso is one of my favorites.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

I don't care too much for that particular Dobbs 20 anymore, but the Borso is just beautiful. A real keeper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points