Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That whole 'chic' bike thing about Sportster's is a load of ignorant nonsense. Anybody brings it with with me and they get a face-to-face lesson in the history of the Sportster. It was introduced to be the American answer to those Brit bikes that were popping up - the Triumphs, BSA's and Nortons. It it is the longest running production model of any motorcycle in history and it out performs most all other Harley's on the road. You bring up 'chic' bike in front of that bantam rooster, Buddy Stubbs, who made his living riding Harley Sportsters, and you're liable to get a bloody nose! I'm 58 years old and full of confidence and self-esteem; some over-tatooed "biker dude" casts aspersions on the "gender" of my bike and he's gonna get a talking to. What's he gonna do?.. beat me up?!! So let's have no more silliness about Sportsters being 'Chic' bikes. Unless you specifically mention the 883 that was purposely designed for shorter statured riders, mind you. -dixon cannon

...now this is funny...:cool:

Way to go Butte...lol

IMG_0645.jpg

'Hi Girls' lol
HD
(Her name is LoudMouth)

Last edited:
One of the last projects I had the pleasure of doing with my father. Every nut and bolt he machined out of 316 Stainless. The cases were already chromed; but I did have much to do on it, tore it all down, cleaned every inch of it and did all of the other work my self including paint.

Tim

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
It it is the longest running production model of any motorcycle in history and it out performs most all other Harley's on the road. -dixon cannon
Not even near the oldest! The Royal Enfield Bullet gets that trophy. The Bullet name first appeared in 1931 before WWII, then went away for the duration for obvious reasons. The name was brought back for the 1948 International Six Days Trial, then full production in 49. The name has been in continues use ever since. You can buy a brand new 2012 Royal Enfield Bullet. I know the Hugger 883 is low, but my 2002 XLX883 has a taller seat hight then any of the FXs and the like! While I like the looks of the earlier Iron head Sportsters, the 98-03 are probably the best for every day use. My 02 which I Cafed before it was in style was my daily ride up tell last year. Only thing done to it, other then tires, a battery, rebuilt the carb last year, and put a clutch in this year. Not sure how many miles, it hasn't had a speedometer on it since 05, and it had a little over 30,000 at the time.
IMG_3681.jpg
Cafe3.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
You are right Butte! It was an SL100 come to think of it. The Elsinore was not street legal.
1971_Honda_SL100_K1_Red.jpg
Love the SL100, road one in the early 70s! Like I would tell the RUBs when I am on my Sportster and they give me a hard time, I have more illegal miles then most of them have legal.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Bought this basket case in the 90's and restored it. Sold it in 2001 for a H-D Fatboy.

triumph1_zpsce6c822c.jpg
It will always be cool to ride a Bonneville! Yes, I am biased . I have owned more Triumph's then any other make hands down! But I am down to only three right now, tied with Harley.

I have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to ride/drive and own many different kinds of motorcycles/cars over the years. It's like anything else..some that I dreamed about..always had their upside and downsides in reality. Finding a good balance..for yourself..is key. Not what others think you should ride or drive....but reaching the point that you actually really want for nothing else. Through experience you finally arrive at what suits you best..and meets your needs. However..the battle goes on about what must be best. The most comfortable...or the coolest. What gives you personally the most enjoyment on the road is really where it's at IMO...and that's always a good place to be.
HD

Well ole buddy...I'll let you call me 'Gal'............ONCE..!! lolWhat's the old commercial..? 'You meet a better class of people on a Honda' ...or something like that. :D
It was "the nicest people". I proved that wrong for years :)I'm enjoying Italian and Brit iron these days. Some day though, I'll get me a chic H-D lol

I have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to ride/drive and own many different kinds of motorcycles/cars over the years. It's like anything else..some that I dreamed about..always had their upside and downsides in reality. Finding a good balance..for yourself..is key. Not what others think you should ride or drive....but reaching the point that you actually really want for nothing else. Through experience you finally arrive at what suits you best..and meets your needs. However..the battle goes on about what must be best. The most comfortable...or the coolest. What gives you personally the most enjoyment on the road is really where it's at IMO...and that's always a good place to be. HD
Fo sho! Just ride. I wave at everyone. You ride, you're good in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails