Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

fashion frank

One Too Many
I just came across this thread. As a bike nut, I thought I'd post a couple of pics.

Here is my Norton Commando. Actually, I just sold it, so it isn't mine anymore:
View attachment 2774

Just plain Awesome ,That is the first bike that I ever rode and learned to ride on .
Those bikes were indestructible and beleive me and my brither beat the hell out of it and it still turn over and go for more!

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
That is a very and I do mean VERY early model Harley .
I would guess perhaps 3rd or 4th year model.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank
No, that is definitely a bicycle with a little two stroke engine and a Harley style tank. If you look at the photo below, the Harley engine is very large, and you have the giant belt drive pulley in the back. A friend of mine has a replica of an early Harley like in the photo below, so I do know. Incidently, there are several threads on the internet where people are making bicycles that are similar to the early motorcycles, every one complains, that it is imposable to find a 50cc engine that fills the frame like the old 500cc engines!
HD-model7-1911_zpsfb1a1b1e.jpg

John Warr

Familiar Face
No, that is definitely a bicycle with a little two stroke engine and a Harley style tank. If you look at the photo below, the Harley engine is very large, and you have the giant belt drive pulley in the back. A friend of mine has a replica of an early Harley like in the photo below, so I do know. Incidently, there are several threads on the internet where people are making bicycles that are similar to the early motorcycles, every one complains, that it is imposable to find a 50cc engine that fills the frame like the old 500cc engines!
HD-model7-1911_zpsfb1a1b1e.jpg

I'll go along with that. The early bikes pretty much ALL used long stroke four cycle inlet-over-exhaust motors. To fill the frame "properly" you need a long stroke motor with a big flywheel. Which is what HD needed to get up hills :)
I don't think the moco made a two stroke until the 1940s. I could be wrong.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Ed Kretz Jr.

I just got some really bad news tonight! Ed Kretz Jr. passed away. He was riding his Indian Sport Scout, when he veered of the road and was killed. It may have been a heart attack. As many of you know, his father and him raced Indians, his dad won the first Daytona, and Eddie almost won the 1950 race, leading right up to the last half mile when his Scout ran out of oil. He was never bitter about the loss, something I always admired in him! His dad switched to Triumph after Indian went bust. Both of them had some notable wins on my favorite mark. He will be missed by all of us that knew him, a gentle giant of a man.

WineGuy

A-List Customer

Heads up loungers...on Sunday September 29th motorcyclists around the world will be meeting up to ride in their best tweed and suits to raise money for prostate cancer research. The event first started last year in Sydney Australia and went viral around the world with hundreds of dapper bikers riding for a great cause. This year there are already close to 2000 dapper bikers registered with many more expected to show up in their respective cities. I'm riding in the Manhattan contingent and we've got over thirty riders confirmed. The Distinguished Gentleman's ride is taking place in just about every major city in the USA this year so if you own a motorcycle or scooter(retro preferable but not required) then get on their website or facebook page and sign up for the city of your choice.

Anyone in the Rockland/Westchester/Bergen counties area that wants to meet up with me to ride in as a group should email me directly at wineforall@me.com

FACEBOOK(NY) https://www.facebook.com/events/1394032024148601/

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I picked this up last week. A 1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk. It actually looks far better in the photo. Mechanically, it is great, just the trip odometer does not work, but the paint and decals are shot. It was a package deal, all or nothing, this and a really nice 1972 CB750 Four, only $2900. I may sell the Nighthawk, the only problem is, how nice it photographs, I don't want any one giving me a negative, because of how bad it looks when they receive the bike!
Honda1_zps018bfca5.jpg
Honda7_zpsa198e7d0.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
New to me, picked up a couple of weeks ago, just got it registered & street-worthy.
PO did a frame up restoration but passed away before it was finished. His widow sold 3 Harleys he had but couldn't get any interest in this one.
1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ (not a photo mine but looks just like this)

Those were beasts back in the day. Almost nothing could touch 'em.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I did find one more big mechanical issue! The bike started to sputter, so I switched to reserve, then I started to smell gas real bad, the petcock was leaking like a sieve. Lucky, I was not far from home, managed to get back on my street, and coast down the hill.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
It's not vintage, or vintage looking, but it IS a Harley...kinda...

IMAG0148.jpg

You have the 6 piston perimeter brake. I rode one of their later 8 piston, when I got on a back road, I reached out my pinky, grabbed the front brake lever, very awkward and sure enough, it haled it right down. Talk about one finger braking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch