Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Not a very good photo,but here is my latest project-a 1969 BSA 650 Lightning. It is quite original, and really not missing too much (other than the gauges,obviously). It was stored in a shed for many years,and it is still a good,smooth runner.
bsalite.jpg

harbilly

New in Town
1983 Honda CM250Custom, looks new, chrome is excellent (including front and rear fenders) with a high sissy bar salvaged from a 1972 CB something or other. Luggage rack, windshield, leather bags and other period junk that fits. It's beautiful and a 1997 Sportser that was ordered built 'special' from the plant and then modified to look like bikes looked in the 60s, rear lowered etc etc. The Honda is great for 'yester year' picnics. The CM250C fits in with bikes from decades earlier. It mimics the style of the earlier bikes in so many ways. Works for us.:)

Luddite

One of the Regulars
I thought I'd post a picture of my Dnepr MT10-36. It's in the workshop at the moment having two-wheel-drive gear fitted. Riding it is a totally different experience from riding a solo, and the right-hand sidecar is interesting on UK roads. It's on my 'keepers' list!

Russian_0001.jpg

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Nice Dnepr-I've heard that the Dnepr engine is much stronger that the ones on '90s era ural 650s like mine. I've been changing things on mine lately-added a high-output coil, and I will soon be putting a set of Pekar carbs on it. My back tire is quite worn,too-I have a new tire, but I really don't look forward to changing this stiff sidecar-specific tire.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
jeep44 said:
Nice Dnepr-I've heard that the Dnepr engine is much stronger that the ones on '90s era ural 650s like mine. I've been changing things on mine lately-added a high-output coil, and I will soon be putting a set of Pekar carbs on it. My back tire is quite worn,too-I have a new tire, but I really don't look forward to changing this stiff sidecar-specific tire.

If I'm not mistaken, one of the most prominent US dealers of Ural motorcycles is in the Detroit area. Perhaps you could enlist their help in changing the tire?

-Dave

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Yes-Crawfords. Having them nearby has been a great help-they know these bikes inside and out.
I'll manage with the tire-I just have to get up the ambition to do it.

buler

I'll Lock Up
My 1984 Honda Nighthawk S

Had one of these back in 1985, same year and color, and crashed it. Found this beauty on craigslist this spring. My favorite bike of the 6 I've had.

3187592763_5fb18cda4b_o.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
That's a beauty Luddite! I adore sidecars.

Luddite said:
I thought I'd post a picture of my Dnepr MT10-36. It's in the workshop at the moment having two-wheel-drive gear fitted. Riding it is a totally different experience from riding a solo, and the right-hand sidecar is interesting on UK roads. It's on my 'keepers' list!

Russian_0001.jpg

Twit

One of the Regulars
I have a few bikes, I guess most interesting:

An AJS 16MS from 1956, bit beat up - I use it for classic trails and just having a laugh on. Having said that quite a lot of it is period and probably right for the time...

4233135207896bfdffb757ced7cdc5b7554101efaed50523ffb5323b191a997d0df271f7.jpg

An earlish BMW GS that I use for big trips, this one went half way round the world...

215384709c58de40d2d26d294af7d9835cbc147c4e106ba882551a2650a58c6e0210965f.jpg

And I pick up one of these in two weeks to be my everyday bike

2009_BMW_K1300S_i1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy