Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

volatile

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
This is mine:
l_e97dd0633a46d50e2dd0f8c7aa21f244.jpg

I just want to point out that I did not miss a button. ;)
The button was already missing and I sewed a replacement on this morning. This just happened to be the best pic of me. lol

Back detail:
l_b181f4c7de85d8a282709c08317354c6.jpg

It was my mom's circa 1970. :D

Little Red Riding Hood!

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Here's my Vintage Overcoat:
snowday2jy7.jpg

Label reads 'Heinos'. It's German (correct?) When I purchased this It had no buttons so I added vintage leathers. Tailored a tad but other than that a good fit for me.

=Adrian=

Marty M.

Vendor
Barry - Walt?

Nice looking Chesterfield TC. I would think that it must be from the early '60's judgeing by the lapel width? I hope that post a picture with it on so we can get the full effect.
Marty Mathis

TCameron

Familiar Face
This should hold you for awhile, until I can get some more taken.

100_0628.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

I assure you the second was a candid, and I usually don't have such a creepy look on my face!

TCameron

Familiar Face
And yes, it's a Barry-Walt resold at a "Kennedy's" of New England. It was recovered from underwater in Chappaquiddick.

Marty M.

Vendor
Chappa......I know that name.

TCameron said:
And yes, it's a Barry-Walt resold at a "Kennedy's" of New England. It was recovered from underwater in Chappaquiddick.

Barry-Walt is a new name for me. What is their story? Are they a retail store or a coat maker? Thanks.
Marty

TCameron

Familiar Face
I do not not know the story about Barry-Walt; a simple Google search didn't turn up much of anything.

As for my Union Jack Pin, I did indeed get it locally, I got it from the Army Navy store on Newbury Street. Cheers,

T Cameron

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I have a modern black overcoat and this grey gem from the 30's. I love it and it has a perfect fit. Though, I should have buttoned it for this photo.

Chad
travhat2.jpg

TCameron

Familiar Face
Very nice coat Chad, it's nice to see us Sanborn's have good taste in outerwear. (I am a Sanborn, too!)

T Cameron Sanborn

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
TCameron said:
As for my Union Jack Pin, I did indeed get it locally, I got it from the Army Navy store on Newbury Street.

Well, I know where I'll be off to at lunch! Thanks for the info.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i would like either one or both of these...buffalo...
BuffaloHide2.jpg

BuffaloHide.jpg

there's a elderly couple that lives behind my uncle who have a herd of buffalo...im trying to get my hands on a few winter hides...

pictures from timberline furniture...

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Lately I've been wearing a gentleman's Harris Tweed overcoat. From the label I think it dates from the 1950's. I bought it in an antique store in rural PA this summer for a song and it looked like it had never been worn. I've had the Laura Ashley hat for almost 20 years.

QM2007037.jpg

coat.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo