Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Technically not a purchase since it was given to me for free, but I didn't know where else to post it. 1950's Ricky jacket. The pockets were feasted on by moths but I'm tempted to have them invisibly mended. Features a spring loaded "crown" zipper.

CIMG6357_zps748c16a3.jpg

CIMG6359_zps4b088f6e.jpg

Last edited:

Foxer55

A-List Customer
Finally! Been looking for something like this for some time but couldn't find a nice one in my size. Lord and Taylor said they had none in this size and searching the web found absolutely nothing even close. But wandering through a L&T store I found it by chance, in my size, 60% off retail price, perfect fit 44 long, Hart, Schaffner, & Marx, full zip-out lining, beautiful color, and totally functional assortments.

2013-11-28 20.37.45.jpg

Technically not a purchase since it was given to me for free, but I didn't know where else to post it. 1950's Ricky jacket. The pockets were feasted on by moths but I'm tempted to have them invisibly mended. Features a spring loaded "crown" zipper.

CIMG6357_zps748c16a3.jpg

CIMG6359_zps4b088f6e.jpg

That's a very cool jacket. It looks straight out of 1950s TV - you could see Bud from "Father Knows Best" wearing it. I would encourage your leaning to have it fixed. Also, very cool label. Enjoy the jacket and let us know how the repairs go.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
1953 Chevrolet dealer promo model I found in an antique store. Originally came from an old dealership in Bensonhurst Brooklyn. The store had several, wanted to buy another one but the next time I passed the store they were all gone. I surmise a car enthusiast had a field day!

CIMG6282_zpse36a529c.jpg

CIMG6283_zpse960a6fa.jpg

CIMG6284_zps342f889b.jpg

CIMG6279_zpsd6f37d67.jpg

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Thrifting during the week. Found dinner jacket and trousers from 1931 and formal day trousers. Finnish army uniform jacket from 1959 and this leather jacket
ulko_zpsd9b41ce7-1.jpg

Best of all, total cost 15$

1953 Chevrolet dealer promo model I found in an antique store. Originally came from an old dealership in Bensonhurst Brooklyn. The store had several, wanted to buy another one but the next time I passed the store they were all gone. I surmise a car enthusiast had a field day!

CIMG6282_zpse36a529c.jpg

CIMG6283_zpse960a6fa.jpg

CIMG6284_zps342f889b.jpg

CIMG6279_zpsd6f37d67.jpg

That is a beautiful model - fantastic. Nice acquisition. Enjoy.

helicopter tie 001.jpg helicopter tie 002.jpg helicopter tie 003.jpg helicopter tie 004.jpg helicopter tie 005.jpg helicopter tie 008.jpg helicopter tie 001.jpg helicopter tie 002.jpg

Hi Folks

A very slow Saturday after having a great week on the hunt for vintage items. However, I cannot complain.

1- the helicopter tie is 100% poly and made by " Chesapeake Bay Co" of USA..
2- the mustard color waistcoat is 100% wool with 4 front pockets and is made by " Browning" of London.. A very nice waistcoat with Gold buttons..
3- Real nice non vintage however good quality "resistol" beige fedora.. very nice condition...

I paid $12.00 for everything and I enjoyed the hunt... One cannot hit a "homerun" every day... It is the game that is important.. " the hunt'

Thank you and best regards folks.

Comments and opinions always appreciated.

CCJ

burberryhugo boss 017.jpg burberryhugo boss 021.jpg burberryhugo boss 020.jpg

Hi Folks

While these two "camel hair blazers" are not vintage... They are real good quality and very comfortable, and the price was right. $16.000- LOL
I believe the black blazer to be slightly older with the wooden style buttons.?

Comments and opinions are must welcome.

Thank you and best regards.

CCJ

monte blanc 002.jpg monte blanc 003.jpg monte blanc 004.jpg

Hi Folks

I made a nice score to day at the salvation army store today.

A pair of fabulous cognac wingtip boots, very rare boots in cognac,,
Also a great mont blanc pen in gold,,,
The shoes were $9.00 the pen $2.95 so I spent $11.95 for the two items.
Thank you for looking,
Regards,
CCJ monte blanc 001.jpg monte blanc 002.jpg monte blanc 003.jpg

monte blanc 004.jpg

A decent thrift shop day, snow and all.

Enjoy

CCJ

GHT

I'll Lock Up
1930's art deco clip suspenders
CIMG6573_zps43f34a65.jpg
I'm not a fan of the clip, i prefer buttons, but I do like the webbing in this fine pair, and the colour is perfect to contrast with a grey suit or trousers.

Hi Folks, I made a nice score to day at the salvation army store today.
A pair of fabulous cognac wingtip boots, very rare boots in cognac,,
Also a great mont blanc pen in gold,,,
The shoes were $9.00 the pen $2.95.
Not only are the shoes just perfect, a Mont Blanc pen for under three bucks! This site depresses me at times. How do all the other loungers get the bargains? But, having said that, my wife and I were at a vintage fair today, I came away with a couple of art deco style cufflinks for just three pounds for the the two. What do you think fellas?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A couple of years ago, my wife and I went to our God daughter's wedding. We were staying at a hotel, near the church. Once unpacked, I realised that I had packed the wrong shirt, the one that I had simply didn't go with the suit. Fortunately we had arrived early and I was able to buy something acceptable, well almost. The wedding guests didn't seem to notice anyway. The shirt was a Jaeger, I like everything about it except the collar, and the price! Don't ask, my God-daughter's worth it.

The shirt has hung woefully in my wardrobe ever since, too expensive to give away, yet I know that I will never wear it again. Another piece of clutter.

However, perhaps it might be getting an outing again after all. I'm putting an outfit together, the shirt for this outfit will have a white contrasting spearpoint collar. I came by a beautiful collarless shirt, brand new and unworn, my size too, about time I had some of the luck Loungers are constantly getting. This fella had bought the shirt, because he too wanted a contrasting collar, and he too had his shirt purchase hanging in his wardrobe, awaiting a collar, in the end, he, unlike me, cleared his clutter. His loss, my gain.

The shirt isn't too far removed from the one I spoke of previously. It needs a collar, which The Darcy Shirt Company have supplied. It will need a button hole positioned at the back of the neck. It will need the top button replacing with a buttonhole and finally, the cuff buttons will have to come off, and buttonholes made to accomodate the cufflinks.

The shirt was actually made to be worn without the collar, grandad style. but it will become a detachable collared shirt when it's finished. And the first shirt? Well it's very well made, so I'm loathe to pick the collar apart, but my wife thinks that there's enough material on the shirt tail, to snip some off and extend the point of the collar. Sounds a bit ambitious to me, but we'll see. Here's the collarless shirt, it looks grey and white pin stripe but it's actually burgundy and white, to contrast the grey suit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points