Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by herringbonekid, Jun 18, 2006.

1. countryclubjoe

countryclubjoe Banned

[AT

=CONFIG]12371[/ATTACH] edmonds and new arrivals 011.jpg bowler and akubra 001.jpg spring 020.jpg

My new purchases.
    From shoes to fedora's.. My pleasure to share with you kind folks.
    CCJ

Attached Files:

2. countryclubjoe

countryclubjoe Banned

AE casual tweed and brown boots... my first bowler, my first wide brim akubra a couple pair of milan straws.
    This is fun.
    Best regards
    CCJ

3. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Practically Family

Am still freelancing, so money's tight, but I splashed out a whole £13 (around $18US) on this nifty post-WWII pilot's bag, which is the perfect size for a weekend away... Mrs Badger kindly snapped the original owner's ID card, quite the gent by the look of it – the vendor wanted £150 for Flight Lieutenant Clouder's identification, paperwork, etc... at a car boot sale (swap meet/flea market), where's he gonna find someone with that kinda cash? Pshaw...

[​IMG]

4. 1mach1

1mach1

Nice find. The bag will come in handy. As for the identification paperwork, looks like the vendor will be keeping it for a long time to come. Either that or he is opening up a museum. :p

5. epr25

epr25 Practically Family

I just bought this today for $2 at a sale. I need help dating this and anyone's best guess as to what it is?
    photo2.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    photo3-1.jpg
    photo5.jpg

6. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

Looks it might be a nightshirt. Nice one.

7. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

I got these trousers from 'Cenci' (where HBK used to work). They are super-heavy charcoal wool trousers (over 20 oz). Cinch back, German, and appear to be deadstock. What date would you put on these?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Fastuni

Fastuni Call Me a Cab

Where the legs tapered at some later point? If so I'd say 1930's - tapered down in the 50's.
    If they were tapered that way originally, I'd say either late 20's/early 30's or early 50's (made in an older fashion).
    The raised "fishtail" with buckle (and lack of pleats) makes an early date probable.

Congratulations in any case... they look swell. I am sure you will combine them with your collection of charcoal/black German suit coats.

9. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

No, the legs don't appear to have been tapered. Everything is very clean and fresh inside. The lining and pockets etc are in very basic heavy cotton, making me think they might be work trousers.

I think that they will look best combined with boots, a submariner's sweater, leather coat and an astrakhan shepherd's hat (or maybe a beret).

10. herringbonekid

herringbonekid I'll Lock Up

good find TT... i'd like some of those myself !

11. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

HBK: What date would you think? I wonder if they might be as early as 1920s.

12. herringbonekid

i defer to Fastuni's knowledge when it comes to German tailoring... but i suspect they're early 50s rather than late 20s.

13. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

Awesome find - they are incredible. I love the fishtail and button fly. Your outfit ideas are fantastic - love to see it when you put it all together.

14. herringbonekid

i bought this patch from etsy U.S. a while ago... anyone know what sport 'kicks' would refer to ?

[​IMG]

15. Fastuni

Fastuni Call Me a Cab

ca. 1930's German zippers with ski-bunny-pullers.
    I assume this was for ski-wear for kids or women.

[​IMG]

16. herringbonekid

just bought this Gladstone-type bag, probably 1920s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the bag has detachable straps which buckle underneath (or can be slipped into the loops on the other side when not used).
    not certain of their usage... probably to slip a rolled up blanket or raincoat into:

[​IMG]

17. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

I posted this elsewhere on these forums, but I guess I will post them here too. The one on the top is made by Flex-Let Quality (or at least that's what it says on the back), and I got it at an antique store. The owner said that it was probably from the 60's or 70's, but I think it may be older. The second one (the longer one without the red stone) is from a church flea market. It's made by Swank, and I think it might be from the early 50's. They both are sliding tie clips. The one from the antique store was $15. The one from the flea market was $5.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Papperskatt

Papperskatt Practically Family

I wouldn't mind owning that one myself... :rolleyes:

Great find, congratulations! I'm very jealous of you.

19. herringbonekid

yeah. it's a beauty. ;)
    good ones regularly turn up on ebay.uk .
    i've been looking out for one for ages; i snapped this one up as it had those slightly quirkier features.

20. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

HBK, that is a LOVELY bag. I wish I had it!!