Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
I have found a lot of stuff today! Both clothes and items I will show in the thrift/yard sale thread.

First a pair of new spats (these are already my fourth pair)! Made out of canvas.
CanvasSpats_zps4e9446ac.jpg

CanvasSpatsCloseup_zps41d635e6.jpg

And they are British!
CanvasSpatsTags_zps8dfb1caa.jpg

This waistcoat, I'm not sure of it's age but it's not completely new either, it is cut low to some degree.
BuffWaistcoat_zps42e5960f.jpg

BuffWaistcoatTags_zps802f62c3.jpg

And lastly houndstooth trousers, not so old but at least it haves higher waist than today's trousers. It's hard to find these kind of trousers to wear with morning dress.
HoundstoothsTrousers_zpsfefb78e4.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
I have found a lot of stuff today! Both clothes and items I will show in the thrift/yard sale thread.

First a pair of new spats (these are already my fourth pair)! Made out of canvas.
CanvasSpats_zps4e9446ac.jpg

CanvasSpatsCloseup_zps41d635e6.jpg

And they are British!
CanvasSpatsTags_zps8dfb1caa.jpg

This waistcoat, I'm not sure of it's age but it's not completely new either, it is cut low to some degree.
BuffWaistcoat_zps42e5960f.jpg

BuffWaistcoatTags_zps802f62c3.jpg

And lastly houndstooth trousers, not so old but at least it haves higher waist than today's trousers. It's hard to find these kind of trousers to wear with morning dress.
HoundstoothsTrousers_zpsfefb78e4.jpg

It seems as though you hit the jackpot yet again. Congratulations. I wish I had luck like yours.

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Well I practically used the whole day to visit a lot of different thrift stores and one vintage store where I found the spats. I had planned to visit some more but it was getting late already. Spats are though the favourite item I found today, at least on the clothes side :D.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
yes, but more for plus fours than jodhpurs.
jodhpurs or hunting trousers were usually worn with high boots (as your picture shows) to cover the lace / button area or ankle boots with leather gaiters:

gaiters.jpg

The entire clothing/attire this young man is wearing is amazing, it really works very well, neat and fitting. I was also looking at what he has in his hands!?! Anyone have a guess as to what it could be?

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
This white tie jacket (no trousers and underneath the jacket is a moire waistcoat I bought last year) from Dec' 1943. Paid 47$ for it which isn't bad thinking the prices usually go at 80-90$ at second hand stores. Also it fits me quite well. I have had hard time finding a white tie which fits me, usually they have had too large waist for me, if not too large waist then the arms have been too tight for me. I am satisfied for now :).

WhiteTieJacket_zpscbb6ad0b.jpg

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Sigh, it seems that I'm the only one who buys new additions to his wardrobe. This is soon going to be on the side of spamming...

Anyway a new waistcoat with damask buttons, I have tried to find an old black waistcoat made out of thick wool and now I found it.
Waistcoat_zps68394f0e.jpg

Breeks from the English maker Chrysalis for the incredible price of 13$!
ChrysalisBreeks_zps1d440c1f.jpg

ChrysalisBreeksTag_zps9679eb0b.jpg

Also a silk tie, not so old (80's-90's? newer? the base is 4 inches wide) but I liked it's earthy tones and I'd believe it will go well with tweed.
AmandaTie_zps9833fe3c.jpg

Foxer55

A-List Customer
Ha! Just got this baby yesterday. Its not what you would call vintage but its over ten years old and Tudor is no longer a part of Rolex, they spun off from them to be independent quite a few years ago. Their current watches no longer have the classic Rolex look, they've been pimped up like a lot of other stuff. Dealer said that Torneau Watch will now be selling Tudor watches in the U.S. Saw this at the dealer about a month ago and kept thinking about it. I have another like this that is all stainless with a stainless bracelet and I like that one as well. This one is gold and stainless, not plated but gold. This one would look real good with a tan suit and some spectators. I have started collecting Rolexes but I think these Tudors may eventually be better collectables than Rolexes. I actually like the old Tudors more because they are the common mans watch.

Three2_zps56019085.jpg

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Just got my now 16-1/2 yo son full-on vintage white tie and tails. He'll be wearing it for the first time tomorrow for a prom. Will post pictures taken before he leaves for the event. Just got done today re-hemming the trousers and taking in the seat a bit. Oxy-cleaned, and then starch ironed today the two detachable collars, the two different styles of bow tie, and the pique waistcoat.

Just got my now 16-1/2 yo son full-on vintage white tie and tails. He'll be wearing it for the first time tomorrow for a prom. Will post pictures taken before he leaves for the event. Just got done today re-hemming the trousers and taking in the seat a bit. Oxy-cleaned, and then starch ironed today the two detachable collars, the two different styles of bow tie, and the pique waistcoat.

Can't wait to see it - it sounds insane. Hope your son appreciates your effort.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Nothing special here. Just a modern dress shirt I bought, as it had a vintage look to it (to me atleast), and I needed a shirt that fit me, and went with my 1930's suit. I think it worked out just fine for that vintage look.

00910.jpg

01010.jpg

Being worn.

01111.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
these vintage sage green hollywood waist gabardine trousers are an early birthday present for my sweetheart Tom, the colour is an prefect match to the green in his cotton tropical print shirt. Pieces he'll be wearing on our holiday to Long Beach and Catalina Island in early May. Saturday 5/11 we'll be at the Avalon Ball put on by the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles. He'll be attired in his vintage 1937 DB peak lapel tuxedo.

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My Bf Tom in his vintage sage green hollywood waist trousers, an early birthday present from me. The tropical print cotton shirt he's had for many years. Worn today for lunch out with his Mother as we helped her celebrate her 84th birthday.

IMG_0960.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner