Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

BigFitz

Practically Family
I just ordered these on Amazon. American Optical 52mm with green lenses. Not Vintage of course, but I wanted a pair of sunglasses to replace the "modern" ones I've been wearing. The design has been around since 1958.
opplanet-ao-sunglasses-gold-frame-green-glass-lenses-bayonet.jpg

Wish I could figure out how to make my images larger.

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
I picked up these AMAZING Church's Diplomats today at an antique shop. They are beautiful shoes, but the AMAZING part is that they actually fit me perfectly. They do need a little bit of restitching on the left shoe, and maybe new heel caps, but for $25, they're well worth putting a little work into.

DSC_0001 by mattface, on Flickr

DSC_0002 by mattface, on Flickr

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
DBWhiteTieWaistcoat_zps22b898d0.jpg

Ah, after some inactivity I decided to pop in and show what I've found. Usually I wouldn't care about waistcoats without a backside but I had to make an exemption when I found this. It's not that common any more that you see a double breasted white tie waistcoat.

Last edited:

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
I bought this on eBay a couple months ago. 1940's Collarless burgundy jacket with pick-stitching by Gaylord. It's a small, but WAY too blousy for me to wear. But for $10, I couldn't pass it up. With a 30's dress shirt and 30's sunglasses.

collarless.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Nice! Is there any hint for it being 40's? I would have rather put in in the 50's... large blousy cut (tagged "small") and the very low set buttons are IMO suggestive of 50's.

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
Nice! Is there any hint for it being 40's? I would have rather put in in the 50's... large blousy cut (tagged "small") and the very low set buttons are IMO suggestive of 50's.

The seller claimed it was 40's, but it could just as easily be 50's too. I'm not entirely sure myself. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic