Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Feraud

Bartender
A couple of RL bowties.
DSC06387.jpg

DSC06388.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
benstephens said:
Because I am very sad, I can tell you these will date almost definitely to 1939.

Kindest Regards

Ben

Unfortunately, still another ten days before I get so see them in person (they shipped to Maryland instead of Halifax).
What's that date based on, Ben? Pattern? Markings?

carter

I'll Lock Up
I jsut bought these on sale at DeCalo Fashion online.

Ralph Lauren Mens 2 Button Gold Tan Corduroy Sport Coat - Price: $69.99
1551_full_400.jpg

Ralph Lauren Men's Double Pleated Solid Brown Wool / Cashmere Dress Pants - Price: $89.99
ETHAPHHX0102_full_400.jpg
ETHAPHHX0102_3_600.jpg
ETHAPHHX0102_4_600.jpg

ETHAPHHX0102_5_600.jpg
ETHAPHHX0102_1_600.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My Real McCoy's NZ A-2 in buttery-soft seal horsehide.
Pattern is the Rough Wear 16159, a 1941 contract, worn by Steve McQueen in The Great Escape.
This is a great layering A-2 for the cold months. The collar is extra deep (too high for a fedora when raised, in fact!)
T235374~Steve-McQueen-Posters.jpg

Hat by Champ. Shades by CVS Drug. Stubble by default.

mike

Call Me a Cab
I picked this up for 6 bucks... original promotional hand out for the lost silent German film starring Paul Wegener, the Strange Case of Captain Ramper!

Starring the man who earlier portrayed the Golem, this film is one part Tarzan, one part King Kong and completely lost to the ages!

a8a3_12.JPG

abe2_12.JPG

Feraud

Bartender
mike said:
I picked this up for 6 bucks... original promotional hand out for the lost silent German film starring Paul Wegener, the Strange Case of Captain Ramper!

Starring the man who earlier portrayed the Golem, this film is one part Tarzan, one part King Kong and completely lost to the ages!

a8a3_12.JPG

abe2_12.JPG
Wow! This is really great! Did you find it local?

mister7

Familiar Face
New shoes!

I don't actually have these yet. I hope I will like them in real life!

pealcoshoes.jpg

My father wore white shoes quite often, and as a child one of my jobs was shining his shoes. So now I like white shoes and I'm always on the look out for nice ones. These are Peal & Co. and are supposed to be hand made English shoes. Nice white dress shoes are surprisingly hard to find, I'm keeping my fingers crossed these will work out.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Grab bag of trousers

I took a chance on this odd lot of trousers. There seems to be at least one pair that will actually fit me. The rest, depending on what I find, will be disposed of miscellaneously. Apparently this was from someone who rented costumes to movie productions. She said she'd look for the matching jackets in the huge truck load of stuff they came in.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=400014817120

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Wow! This is really great! Did you find it local?

It was through ebay, but the seller was in Brooklyn! Go figure, pretty weird! I've only ever seen artwork for it once, and it wasn't this!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to display it as it's double sided :eusa_doh:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I'm going back a ways in this thread but I thought some of you might have an interest in herringbonekid's sweet jacket and the company that made it:

herringbonekid said:
single breasted very high peaked lapel, TWO breast patch-pockets (with inverted pleats), semi-patch pockets (i have one flap in and one out, don't ask why), no vents, micro navy/white dogtooth linen/wool blend, semi translucent buttons. not early 30s. brand new.

dogtooth.jpg

herringbonekid said:
i found it in Liberty's, London. it's by a designer brand called 'haversack'. i can find NOTHING about them online !

the rest of their stuff didn't look 30s. i'm thinking it might be a one off fluke.

Here's some info I found about the company:

Haversack

The concept of haversack is to produce a contemporary modern collection inspired by military detail.

Hand made to the highest standard in Japan.

All the dying processes are done using natural colours - example tea.

Created by Mr Koji Norihide.

Voted the best collection at New York's fasion week.

Sold exclusively at Van Mildert, Sunderland - Liberty's London - Brown's South Molton Street London.
http://www.vmclothing.co.uk/acatalog/Haversack.html

Some of their stuff is very vintage-inspired and military-esque:
http://twelveshop.com/epages/eshop156484.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop156484/Categories/7

http://www.oki-ni.com/icat/haversack

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
A couple of RL bowties.
DSC06387.jpg

DSC06388.jpg

I really like some of the RL pointed bows I've seen, I wish I could afford one.

I watch eBay for ties, but I've not yet seen a self-tie pointed bow on the UK Bay. I've not found any in brick-and-mortar shops in Leeds, either. Maybe on on trip to London I'll find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner