Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I paid an arm and a leg for this ($30) because I have the matching earrings!

ce7d_1_b.JPG

Bella that is just lovely! Is it Pate de Verre? It looks like it is, which is always a good investment and unlike vintage clothing it doesn't fray/stain/tear/rip etc......etc.......
Gorgeous colour too, looks like primrose icecream if there was ever such a thing!!!
I love a good jewellery find.:)

Sunny

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Gee thanks ladies!! *blush*You really think that is a good length on me?? [huh]
I just feel it's too tight and I look like I'm trying to wear a little girl's dress, ha! Perhaps with the proper slip I'll like it better?

Nikki

Nikki, I hear what you're saying. I'm 5'9" and my height's in my legs, so I'm a little sensitive to shorter skirts. Especially when it's full or very flared. I also feel like I'm wearing a little girl's dress!

I honestly didn't think it looked short on you in the picture. When I went back and looked again, though, I could see why it'd feel short. It's not noticeable AT ALL, but the style is probably intended to hit a little lower. If it were my dress, I'd probably let the hem down two, maybe three inches. I doubt that anyone would ever notice; but I would know, and I would feel a lot more comfortable in it. And when you're comfortable in your dress, it looks even lovelier. :)

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I bid on this dress last night but the reserve wasn't met. The seller sent me a second chance offer this morning, and I couldn't pass it up. I've bought from this seller before and she is great, her stuff is always exactly as described and usually in excellent condition. I love the bead work on the jacket and the gathers and neckline of the dress. I figured on my more casual days I could wear the jacket with trousers, or even jeans for a more modern look. So, I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. Sorry for the big pictures, I resized them on my desktop but for some reason imageshack made them big again. Never had that happen before:eusa_doh:

I'm glad you did~ it's beautiful!!!!!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AllaboutEve said:
Bella that is just lovely! Is it Pate de Verre? It looks like it is, which is always a good investment and unlike vintage clothing it doesn't fray/stain/tear/rip etc......etc.......
Gorgeous colour too, looks like primrose icecream if there was ever such a thing!!!
I love a good jewellery find.:)

Pate de verre! Never even heard that term before! But now that I looked it up, no, I think it's plastic...but I will report when I receive it!

timorous me

Familiar Face
very excited about this one! it just came in the mail today!

suitcase1.jpg

suitcase2.jpg

i figured it was high time that i invested in a proper set of luggage, and i figured that if i had to do it - there was no way i was buying those god awful modern wheeled contraptions!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I'm addicted to Target. I found this lovely pink and cream striped lightweight cotton shirtdress with matching belt. It looks much cuter than it does in the photo - the skirt is fuller, and longer on me. Because I'm only 5'3", it comes to about mid-calf. Apparently it comes in light blue also, and I'd love to have this dress in that color too!

41ThrJklBlL._SS384_.jpg

The only problem, of course, is that I don't own a pair of pink or cream shoes (just white), so now I'm telling myself that I need some of those too. *sigh*

Kimberly

Practically Family
Timourous, I LOVE your luggage. I have a thing for vintage luggage ever since I got some cream Tiara set at a yard sale for $5.00! I even have a hat box!! The color of yours if so pretty. I bet you can't wait to use it!! :eusa_clap

I actually use mine for vintage lingerie when I am not using it for travelling.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Katie and Etienne:)

FooFoo that sweater is simply beautiful!! I'm drooling:) I probably should fix that:D

Timorous those suitcases are awesome, and what great condition!! I love the lining! Now you just need to pack them full of your beautiful vintage goodies and go on some exotic and thrilling journey:)

Kitty, I love that dress. I saw it online too, and am thinking about getting it in pink. I bet it looks great on you:) If you look at the shoes on the model who is wearing it, they are white. I think white would look fine, even if the dress has cream. But if you're really hankering for a pair of cream or pink vintage-y shoes check out Endless. They have a great selection of shoes all at really reasonable prices and free overnight shipping and returns. So, you'd get a great deal!!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
I'm addicted to Target. I found this lovely pink and cream striped lightweight cotton shirtdress with matching belt. It looks much cuter than it does in the photo - the skirt is fuller, and longer on me. Because I'm only 5'3", it comes to about mid-calf. Apparently it comes in light blue also, and I'd love to have this dress in that color too!

41ThrJklBlL._SS384_.jpg

The only problem, of course, is that I don't own a pair of pink or cream shoes (just white), so now I'm telling myself that I need some of those too. *sigh*

I have that dress! But haven't worn it yet. I was thinking of just trying white shoes. Hopefully it won't make that big of a difference! I just hope I haven't missed the window in which to wear it. It's awfully hot here already.
And I agree that dress looks awful on their models!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
timorous me, that luggage set is fantastic :eusa_clap

Foofoogal, great find and to get matching pieces is rare :eusa_clap

I bought that pink stripe shirt dress and a couple of weeks ago I wore it to an antique mall. A girl about 11 or 12 came up to me and said I looked pretty and where did I get my dress, she made my day :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thanks Katie and Etienne:)
Kitty, I love that dress. I saw it online too, and am thinking about getting it in pink. I bet it looks great on you:) If you look at the shoes on the model who is wearing it, they are white. I think white would look fine, even if the dress has cream. But if you're really hankering for a pair of cream or pink vintage-y shoes check out Endless. They have a great selection of shoes all at really reasonable prices and free overnight shipping and returns. So, you'd get a great deal!!

thanks, Daisy. the white ones i have are quite old and need a good cleaning. they may never be true white again anyway so i just may have myself a pair of cream shoes :)

as for Endless, I do check them occasionally. i'm currently looking for forest green shoes but have had no luck - wrong time of year. Endless is pretty good, but generally the shoes they have that i like are out of my budget.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Sunny, I think I would be more comfortable with it a tad longer.

Daisy, great black dress! I love second chance offers!
And yes, that foam molding is great. In my other house we had plaster walls and I wanted a chair rail in the dining room. Used the foam stuff and liquid nails, it was great!

Timorous, awesome luggage!! So, you gonna go somewhere soon?

Foofou that sweater and hankie are out of this world, great find!

Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner